NEED HELP W/ OLD MUZZLE LOADER

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by johnfausch, Apr 6, 2009.

1. johnfausch

johnfausch New Member

Hi everyone. I just found this forum tonite and I feel like I found a home!! I was laid off in December so I am forced to sell several of my old guns, and one given me by a friend is a muzzle loader and the only identifying mark I can find is a bee - like a honey bee - and the initials L G are stamped on each of the bee's wings. Do one of you know the manufacturer with that logo? I have no pictures yet, but I can take some if it will help. Thanks again for a bunch of people who love God and Country, and who are willing to protect it.

Smsgt(Retired) John
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Welcome to the fourm, johnfausch!
    Pictures would be a huge help.There are some very knowledgeable guys who check these threads.
  3. hrf

hrf Active Member

Does it look like this one? (Scroll down for closeup of mark)
    Only the G and L are reversed.
    http://littlegun.be/arme belge/artisans identifies l/a laloux georges gb.htm

Cmsgt (Retired) hrf
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. johnfausch

johnfausch New Member

Hey Chief, The emblem on my gun is exactly the same as the link you provided!! I'll put pictures up as soon as I figure out how to do that. I guess I have a "flint-lock", maybe military style. I obviously know nothing about black powder type weapons!!
    I saw several guns similiar to mine, none exactly like it, but I know who made it, thanks to you.

SMsgt (Ret) John

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009