Need help with a jamed Taurus .380 auto

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deacon_Man, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I pulled the barrel pin yesterday and tried to slide the top half off and it jamed solid. It won't budge a bit at all. I have tried and tried but it won't budge at all. What in the hell do I do now?
  2. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Two choices- your dealer, or ship it back. I would send it back, cause I want to know THEY know it had that problem, so if anything else happens to it, they have a record.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

First of all, what kind of gun are we talking about? Was the magazine dropped out first? Have you pulled the trigger while pulling the slide? Did the slide move at all after the pin was removed? Was the pin easy to remove? Fill us in a little.
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

Pictures, pictures, pictures. Pictures would br a big help in accquiring assistance with your problem.
  5. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Gentlemen,
    The slide is jamed and will not move forward or backwards. No slack at all. I tried holding the trigger back while trying to move the slide (no luck). It appears the barrel is binding against the slide. I took out the mag. (no luck).
    I did have the mag out when I took the barrel pin out. At first the slide pulled back, then when I tried to slide forward to remove it ,the slide jamed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Take the magazine back out and try either pushing or tapping the barrel to the rear... I have seen some semi-autos that would un-jam if you did this. Don't try to move the whole slide... just the barrel.
  7. Double D

I would place the grip in a vice protected of course and take a block of wood and tap that slide one way or another. Have you had it apart before? I have one in stock and I am going to take it apart to look at it.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  8. Double D

OK, Here is what I found. You are suppose to have the magazine out and the slide locked to the open position BEFORE you pull the barrel pin out. If the slide is locked back, the barrel pin comes right out with your fingers and then you release the slide lock and the slide comes right off. Try taping your barrel to the rear. It is forward of the gun and is binding the slide from moving.
  9. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

This THANK YOU goes to pkcgbifaid and Double D. You guys are great. I took my .380 out too my shop and put it in my vise. I used a piece of 2x4 wood and a light weight hammer. The barrel would not budge. I took it out of the vise and put it on a 2x4 block cushioned by a towel and stood the slide on the block. I put another block on the end of the barrel and lightly hit it with the hammer, nothing. I hit it a little harder the next time and WOW it jumped back and let me take the slide off the frame. I checked it out real close and there is no damage to the slide or frame. It is all reassembled and working great. Damn.........you guys are good.
  10. Double D

Good. Just take it apart like I said and you shouldnt have an issue next time. Glad you got it!
  11. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Glad it worked out for you!