Need help with Gun Values

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by KAMANFTW, Nov 21, 2006.

1. KAMANFTW

KAMANFTW New Member

My father recently left me with some firearms. I want to weed out some of them and need an idea of the value of the ones I want to sell. I think the locals around here are trying to low ball me. Quoting me about 10-25% of what they're worth. Since my copy of Gun Values is over 15 years old and I can't find it anyway since I recently moved, I'd like some help. Any info you could give me would be appreciated. The firearms are:

Interarms Mark X rifle, 7x57 Mauser, bolt action, full international style stock, blue finish, 99% finish

Ruger .44 Magnum carbine, old style, about 98% with small dings

Mossberg model 500 12 gauge Persauder shotgun, pump action, blue finish with 1 x 18 in. barrel, 1 x 28in. barrel, 100% finish, have box

Ruger Security Six double action revolver, .357 magnum, stainless steel, minor dings

EAA Witness .45 cal DA/SA pistol, stainless steel, mint, have box

Armalite AR-10T .308 rifle, stainless steel 24 in. barrel, mint, never fired, still in box

Marlin 99G .22 LR, about 98% finish

Thanks for the help.
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Kaman

I moved this to the appropriate forum.

Welcome to TFF! Someone will be along shortly to discuss these pieces with you.

Pictures help! :)

Crpdeth
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Picture would be easy
    The Mossberg in the shape you stated with the extra barrel is worth about $240

The Ruger Security Six in Exc. Shape $275 and $200 if it is in Good Shape

The AR-10 if it truly is New In The Box never fired and with all papers
    It would be worth about $1900

For the prices on the others, Pictures would help also that is what the guns are worth private party. You would never get those prices froma a dealer or Shop
  4. KAMANFTW

KAMANFTW New Member

Thanks Southernshooter for the info. Can't send pics right now since my home computer is on the fritz. Have to use the library's. They don't like you to put anything in or hook up anything to their computers. Can't blame them.

Thanks crpdeth for posting this thread in the right forum. I'll pay closer attention from now on to where I post things.

KAMANFTW