1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

need help with night vision scope

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The Count, Nov 22, 2010.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

as if i did not spend enough money on shooting, buy anyway:

i have a eotech 517 on one of my AR's. now it says its not a 'night vision' compatible model, but is there a way to use it anyway? and whats a cheaper but still reliable NV scope. i am a clueles NV newbee :D

PS just want to target shoot at night, no hunting.
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I've never been blessed with the opportunity to play with modern, state-of-the-art NV equipment. Most of my experience has been with the imported Gen I devices..... but those things still cost four or five hundred bucks. What do you consider "cheap"?

For what it's worth, an old-fashioned 8X56 optical scope with heavy duplex reticle could probably compete with some of those $500 Gen I scopes....
  3. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

o have one that is sold under the famous trails name it is 4x works great but not a rifle scope, not in favor of a gun mounted scope yopu have to paint where you are looking with your muzzle, bad practice, get a head mounted setup and a good scope you can shoot thru your normal scope.