The Firearms Forum banner

need help with night vision scope

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  torpedoman 
#1 ·
as if i did not spend enough money on shooting, buy anyway:

i have a eotech 517 on one of my AR's. now it says its not a 'night vision' compatible model, but is there a way to use it anyway? and whats a cheaper but still reliable NV scope. i am a clueles NV newbee :D

PS just want to target shoot at night, no hunting.

#2 ·
I've never been blessed with the opportunity to play with modern, state-of-the-art NV equipment. Most of my experience has been with the imported Gen I devices..... but those things still cost four or five hundred bucks. What do you consider "cheap"?

For what it's worth, an old-fashioned 8X56 optical scope with heavy duplex reticle could probably compete with some of those $500 Gen I scopes....

#3 ·
o have one that is sold under the famous trails name it is 4x works great but not a rifle scope, not in favor of a gun mounted scope yopu have to paint where you are looking with your muzzle, bad practice, get a head mounted setup and a good scope you can shoot thru your normal scope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.