Need help with old muzzle loader id

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by capthallmark, Dec 28, 2011.

1. capthallmark

capthallmark New Member

Hello
    I am trying to id an old muzzle loader we have hanging up at my dads house. Do not know anything about it. It looks to be real but I don't really know a lot about guns. On the right side there is a marking "ARCHER" and on the top left side of the barrel there are two stamped markings, not names but kind of looks like a crest or some type of mark identifying ownership. I have researched and I can not find anything. With a lack of gun knowledge, it looks like somebody has tried to rethread where the cap or flint would go into the chamber and the barrel seems to be very thin. Could be a decorative piece instead of real gun but just trying to find more info. Can post pic if needed. Any help is treaty appreciated.

Thanks
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

capthallmark welcome!

yes pic's will be needed as the description is rather vague , thats ok not everyone is knowledgable about everything ..

if you could get pic's of the markings that will help a lot

take a look at this thread and the pics to get a idea of whats needed to ID yours

cheers , look forward to seeing the pic's
  3. capthallmark

capthallmark New Member

Ok thanks. I will post pics ASAP tomorrow.
  4. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    Welcome from One Captain to another! :D

Post Pics & you;ll get your Answers! You'll love this Forum.

Capt. Mac