Need help with unknown pistol

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by 44spl, Apr 12, 2008.

1. 44spl

44spl New Member

A frind has a 25 cal pistol with S&H stamped on it and has a forward folding trigger. To load you pull the center pin out of the cylinder. Any ideas???
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Sounds like something you'd get with 2 1/2 books of Green Stamps. Sorry I couldn't help myself.
  3. Recon 173

Recon 173 Member

Are you sure that your buddy's pistol is not an H & R early model revolver? Or it could be an old R-G revolver? Both companies had revolvers that you pulled the cylinder rod out and the cylinder fell into your hands for reloading. Back then the idea was to carry around pre-loaded cylinders in your non-shooting side pockets. When the poo-hit-the-fan you would shoot off your first cylinder, pop it out and then quickly replace the used cylinder with one that was already loaded. Back then they were doing with cylinders what speedloaders are now used to do.
  4. 44spl

44spl New Member

Thanks I found the gun online. It's a velo dog gun made in Belgium around 1900 for bike riders. Thank you for trying to help
  5. Win_88

Win_88 New Member