1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jamey1985, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jamey1985

Jamey1985 New Member

New here hi all, just found this gun and know nothing about it any info would be appreciated.gun is marked harrington and richardson arms company worcester mass pat oct 4 87 pat april 2,95 pat april 7,96
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Welcome to the Forum Jamey !

the H & R experts will be along shortly ,

I've moved your post to here as it will get the attention it needs here better , and if i may suggest
    if you can , photos help a lot to pin down model , condition and safety of the weapon

Cheers
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Jamey,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of H&R firearms:
    With that set of patent dates - You have a 1st Model PREMIER 3rd Variation made between 1897-98. It is a black powder model, small frame, auto ejecting, either 7 x .22 long or 5 x .32 S&W (rare chance it is .32 rim fire). Tell me a bit more about it and I can tell you a bit more about value:
    barrel length: 3, 4, 5 or 6"
    finish: Nickel or blue (plating on trigger guard or blued?)
    caliber: .22 or .32
    grip panels: black, hard rubber, Mother-of-pearl, walnut, Ivory???

The above ID is based solely upon the accuracy of the info presented - I've been fooled before.:eek:
    The pic below represents a very early in production 1st Model 1st Variation in kind of crappy condition - but one of few examples I've come across. Note the Nickel plated trigger guard.

IMG_1926_2.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  4. Jamey1985

Jamey1985 New Member

At work right now can't get pictures for you till later but I do have the serial number on hand it is 016843
  5. Jamey1985

Jamey1985 New Member

Looks just like the one in the above picture but much cleaner didn't know it was that old so I cleaned it up really good when I got it
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Jamey,
    The 'O' (OHHH not Zero) prefix indicates your piece was made between sometime in 1898 and 1900. It should have a blued trigger guard - if Nickel plated.
    Waiting for more info and possibly a picture to give you an idea of the value.
    NOTE: depending upon the amount and kind of "cleaning" you performed - the collector value may or may not have been affected. In any case - RETAIL value of these guns rarely exceeds $200.
    Here's a pic of one with the 'O' prefix - note that the variation numbers in the pic. caption may not be correct - as I took these pics early in the research stage and variations at that time were not well defined - more pieces - more definition.
    IMG_1929_3.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011