The Firearms Forum banner

Need info help please

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  todd51 
#1 ·
Some time ago I got this gun in a lot deal from a guy at a flea market. I have never shot the gun nor do I know much about BP guns. I was wondering if there is a market for them as the inlines have seemed to have taken over the hunting world around here in PA.

The best I can come up with from the marking on the barrel is that it is a Thompson Center Arms 50 cal. Hawkins. The only one I could find online marked as such is the model 5043 which looks identical to the gun I have so I think that is what I have here.

I am interested in selling this gun. All if the advertisements I have seen for it say that the gun sold close to 900 new is this correct? It does have a few scratches on it nothing serious, The barrel seems to be in great shape from what I can see but like I said I know nothing about BP guns.

I know this isn't the correct place to post this but did so as you guys on this part of the forum are here for a reason which is you are into BP guns.

The pictures I have attached are not the best quality and better pics are available on request. I played around with MP and size as some of my pictures I have posted in the past were too big. These turned out too small. I will get it someday.

I am not expecting to get alot of money for the gun. But could someone give me a ball park figure what it would be worth. I am thinking that the price I would want would be nowhere close to what the gun is worth. Please feel free to message me or PM me with any questions or interest in this gun. Thanks, JUNK

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
#12 ·
It's a damn shame that muzzleloading firearm seasons are now essentially single-shot rifle seasons. There is NO tradition, and little added challenge to shotgun only hunting areas. If you can't hit the boiler room of a deer with one shot from a percussion rifle, you have no business being in the woods. What's next-rocket propelled arrows (RPAs).

Sorry, I know I'm off subject, but IMHO muzzleloading seasons are a revenue-generating joke.

#13 ·
That's not even a new gun. TC doesn't make traditional guns anymore. Check the prices on some of the online auctions. See what they actually sold for, not asking prices.
They do still make and sell the traditional rifles. Buds has it now for 713.... Not saying how many he is selling but my point was it was an expensive gun when hew. I didnt get it new it came in a lot deal I made awhile ago. If I cant get 250 to 300 for it it isnt the gun its the market. I would just rather give it away on one of the monthly drawings. I can just about guarantee those that bash will have their name on that list.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/803/products_id/17487

#14 ·
Junk, I have always admired the TC Hawkin. What little black powder shooting I do leans more to the traditional side. I don't particularly care for the new inline units but I do realize their practicality when it comes to hunting. That is a quality piece and all it will take is the right person that wants to use the more traditional black powder rifles and a sale can be made. I am not in the market for one but you can bet I wouldn't pass up a drawing on that fine example. Good luck finding the right person that wants a fine shooting rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.