need info on 3 old handguns

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by jakedaboz, Dec 19, 2010.

1. jakedaboz

jakedaboz New Member

I need parts for 3 handgun does anyone know where I can find them due to their age I figure I have to make the springs which are missing so I have no pattern to measure any help would be great

1) 1850's Webley Bentley springs and loading lever
    2) Colt New House 41 all springs
    3) Belgian made Frontier Army 44wcf springs and cylinder pin probably a RIC copy

Thanks Jim
  2. 22shot

22shot New Member

jakedaboz

Welcome to TFF!

A good start would be the Gun Parts Corporation (Numrich arms).

They have some pretty good online diagrams to identify exactly what you need (your post is pretty general; there are lots of springs; some can be adopted from one model to the next...A factory Colt SSA trigger spring was a drop in for my repo.)

Maybe you will luck out and some member has what you need...
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  3. jakedaboz

jakedaboz New Member

ok Thanks, unfortunately Numrich Arms don't have exploded views of the parts or even listings for any similar model I thought they would have the WEBLEY RIC or the similar Nagant M1895 very similar to the frontier army there is very little if any information available on the internals of the Webley-Bentley cap n ball revolver, less on the relatively popular Colt New House 41

I appreciate your help
    Thanks Jim
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I know of no source of parts for any of those guns. The springs would even be difficult to make if they are missing as the gunsmith has to first figure out what the spring looks like, then try to duplicate it. All are flat springs and would have to be ground and shaped to size then heat treated, a tricky process with a high failure rate.

I think I can say that having those springs made would cost far more than the value of the gun. Even the Colt New House in average condition runs only $600-700, and I can almost guarantee that having all its springs made by a competent gunsmith ($60+ an hour) would run a lot more than that. Only if the gun were like new in the box would it be worth fixing and an LNIB gun would probably not need its springs replaced. The same is true of the others, only more so, since they are of lower value.

By coincidence, I saw a Bentley (the revolver, not the pepperbox) for sale a week ago for $1400 in very nice shape, but it has been around a long time according to the dealer. My WAG on the value would be around $800.

Jim