Need information on J.L. Galef & Son

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by searcher5, Jan 22, 2005.

1. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

I am in need of information on J.L. Galef & Son, Inc. out of New York, New York. I know that they are shotgun importers from Spain & Italy. I am needing some parts for a Spanish Zabala shotgun as well as a fold up shotgun made by M.A.V.I., out of Gardone F.T. Italy. These are both imported by Galef. Gun Traders guide shows that they are still importing, but I can find no address or mention of this importer anywhere else. If anyone knows where I can get parts, or the address of Galef, I would be highly appreciative. Thanks, Dan
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I found this on Google, however, I have no idea how old it is or if it is still good. Having lived in NY, I can tell you that Chambers St. is very old downtown NYC. My guess is that they are gone, but here it is.

J.L. Galef & Son, Inc.
    Dept. TMEN
    85 Chambers Street
    New York, New York 10007
  3. blip1944

blip1944 New Member

J L Galef liquidated its entire business in 1983. I am afraid you won't be able to secure any gun parts from them.
  4. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

Yeah, I figured that out eventually, and just made the firing pin. as a point of interest, The shotgun was made in the same factory as a Beretta, and may be the same gun. Beretta is making this shotgun again, but I don't know if the parts are interchangable or not. I suppose you could contact them, if the need ever presented itself again. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Dan
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Apparently Zabala is still in business in Spain.

Their address, as listed in the latest Blue Book is:

ZABALA HERMANOS, S.A.
    Apartado 97
    20600 Eibar SPAIN
    Fax No.: 011-34-943-768201
    Email: imanol@zabalahermanos.com
  6. bil

bil New Member

Looking for a magazine for a Beretta 418 aka Panther, and was directed to this site. Any help here? Hopefully?
    Many thanks,
    Bil
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your post has to do with J. L. Galef? But anyway, The Panther, also known as the 418, Imported to the US as the Bantam, long, long out of production. You didn't say, have you tried the standard Magazine places such as Triple K, Numrich, Bobs Gun Parts, Hoosiers, where have you looked so far.
    Try htpp://www.gun-parts.com/beretta/ they are listed at 35 dollars, give Bob's a call
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013