Need Opinions Please

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Mike1959, Jun 8, 2012.

1. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

check out the ruger single six. It has small grips.
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I have very limited experience with Walther's recent design .22 LR pistols. I cannot and do not recommend them; especially the P22 family.

The Bersa .22 LR close copy of a Walther PP is a good pistol for cheap practical pistol (aka self-defense) practice. I have not evaluated the new Ruger pistol designed for this market.

The Ruger 22/45 remains likely the most gun for the least money in a target/utility pistol catergory.
  3. tbspeed1

tbspeed1 New Member

You should have her try the sig Mosquito or the walther p22. I wanted either one of them but they were way too small for my hands.:D
  4. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

Thanks to all who have replied. I think we have narrowed our search down to the P22 and the bersa. Just doing some research now on function and reliability. Gunclinger a loose grip with my wife is definately not going to be an issue, its more a case of getting her to ease up a bit lol.
  5. HammondShooter

HammondShooter New Member

When she wants to move up to a 9mm get her to try a Ruger SR9. I have short, stubby hands for a guy and it fits me well. You can flip the curved back of the grip insert for even more room. It is a double-stack (16+1, I think), yet it fits smaller hands well due to its design.

Shane
  6. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

As this question [of similar sorts] keeps popping up and Carver gives the correct answer......this answer should be in a 'sticky' or better yet......
    some way......when anyone asks [which gun?]....this answer should automatically be what Carver said......
    GO TO/TAKE HER TO......AND HOLD/HAVE HER HOLD AS MANY GUNS AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU PURCHASE.....
    you will be glad you did......:D
  7. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

You may want to look at the Ruger Bearcat. I have one an carry it for yard work and fun, small, reliable, and fun to shoot.
    fred

PS keep us posted.
  8. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I have read 2 articles on the new Ruger Lite 22/45 and both were positive. You surely could get some nice grips that she would love for that and it sounds like a blast to handle. I would see if you could find one of these for her to check out. I love the Ruger and Browning semi-auto .22s period, can't go wrong with either one.
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

so Mike what did your wife get