need opions please.....

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buzzard, Mar 23, 2006.

1. buzzard

buzzard New Member

I have a marlin 336 r.c. with a straight grip not pistol-and it has the gold trigger with a rounded lever, not squared. ser# 48xxxxx. also I have a stevens sxs model 5100 with no seriel #, its a 12 gauge. i would like to find the years these were made and also any other info you may be able to provide. I am a newbie here and find this a awesome site. thanks all. buzz
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The Marlin should have a letter code associated with the serial number. It should be an alpha numeric code either as a prefix or a suffix to the serial number. Can't tell by what you gave us.

The Stevens shotgun also shows no model 5100 ever made. The closest would be a model 511. The date code is either behind the hinge pin as an alpha numeric in a circle or just ahead of the trigger guard.
  3. buzzard

buzzard New Member

guess I needed my glasses, sorry. the 336 ser # is AB44xxx. hope that will help. also the stevens has a dog on one side and the numbers 5100 on the other. I am still trying to figure out the date code. thanks for responding, buzz
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

AB on the Marlin is 1966 manufacture. Not enough data on the Stevens. Maybe someone will be along who had more info.
  5. buzzard

buzzard New Member

I found some info at" Wisner's " it had a datecode system for the stevens break open sxs from 1949 to 1970. I am not sure how to get the site up, but if interested I will hand write it and type it in.It has many date codes and info. thanks all.