The Firearms Forum banner

Need SB snack ideas ?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ysacres 
#1 ·
I have a huge superbowl party every year, sometimes 30-40 people over to watch the game, mostley a potluck and BYOB, the last few years I have made smoked salmon, but need to change it up. I dont need a main course meal. ideas & recipies ?

G
#2 ·
Water Chestnuts Wrapped in Bacon. And a dipping sauce, or 2, or 3...
I could eat a plate myself. Many recipes out there.

Pepper poppers.
Chinese BBQ pork (w/the hot mustard and seeds).
Deviled eggs with an attitude.

#3 ·
Bikers Stew! Equal amounts of Denty Moore Beef Stew, and Wolf Brand Chili. Serve over rice, crackers, and hot sauce on the side!

#4 ·
We attend a few pot lucks each year. One thing I get rave reviews for (especially during cold weather) is my Pasta E Fagioli soup. This is similar to what you get at Olive Garden, but made with Italian sausage instead of ground beef. Fresh baguettes go well with this or any soup.

Another big hit is a Corn & Potato Chowder.

If you're looking for something sweet, these Epi style Cinnamon Rolls are another hit.

Another bread item could be Epi style French baguettes. These have a multitude of topping options. Full size or mini size baguettes.

Lastly, it's hard to beat a dessert like Carrot Cake Cupcakes...delicious!

#6 ·
Doesn't Super Bowl Party = Chili of some kind?

#7 ·
Green Bay = cheese snack so here is an easy recipe for a cheeseball:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
½ lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
¾ oz. onion, finely minced
¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Chopped pecans or walnuts optional

Mix all ingredients until smooth, using flat beater. Shape into 1lb. ball. Roll into chopped nuts if desired. Refrigerate immediately until ready to serve. Serve with crackers or bread sticks.

#9 ·
we have a very different football here , 2 actually but food wise .. hehehehe

caramel cornbread
beer
Yum cha goodies ( a big selection) with different sauces from ARRRRRGHH you tryin to kill me?? hot, to sweet honey and mustard
beer

pigs in blankets i think you folks call em
beer

BBQ spare ribs
beer
BBQ chicken legs and wings
beer
Rabbit BBq'd of course

did i mention beer ??

#11 ·
Take canned biscuits (regular,crescent, flaky, etc.) all, for a variety.
Separate and roll out thin.
Lay on deli meats, cheese, sliced pepperoni, flavored cheese spread, etc.
Roll them up, place on baking sheet, bake.
Even when they sit on the table for awhile, they eat good.
If you have spare cookie sheets to tie up, they can be made far ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to bake.
They bake fast.

#12 ·
ysacres,
For our tailgates, we always grill bacon wrapped stuff. We've had bacon wrapped shrimp, quail, chicken- and I'm embarrassed to say bacon wrapped hot dogs, and even tater tots wrapped in bacon. <--- This is very good dipped in a chipotle salsa. I really didn't want to like those wrapped tater tots, but man, they were outstanding.

#13 ·
I am always a fan of chicken hot wings only problem is I never measure but I bread them in a mix of
flour, red pepper, black pepper, salt, and paprika Id say 1cup self rising 2tbs ground red pepper 1tbs black pepper 1tea salt 1tea paprika coat em deep fry em till they float up pull one and check it transfer to paper towels but dont let em get cold then put them in a large bowl with a lid add some Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce toss and eat

#14 ·
Take canned biscuits (regular,crescent, flaky, etc.) all, for a variety.
Separate and roll out thin.
Lay on deli meats, cheese, sliced pepperoni, flavored cheese spread, etc.
Roll them up, place on baking sheet, bake.
Even when they sit on the table for awhile, they eat good.
If you have spare cookie sheets to tie up, they can be made far ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to bake.
They bake fast.
This also works well for mini pizzas, just flour then press the dough with the bottom of a tea glass, slap on some pizza sauce and toppings and bake... Always a hit.

If you want my recipe with cooking times and stuff I'll look it up.

Crpdeth

#15 ·
Well folks, The game was good ,the halftime entertainment not so much.
But thanks to U, the food was great.
I made Bobitis bacon wrapped water chestnuts (pic)
Carver and my wife think alike with homade chili.
stuffed jalapeños, cream cheese bacon wrapped.
lots of dishes brought by friends that were excellent.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.