Need Scope Advice/Opinions

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Powderhorn, May 13, 2009.

1. Powderhorn

Powderhorn New Member

Hello me Droogies, can you help me make a decision?

I just bought a shotgun for turkey. One of these:

http://www.remington.com/products/f...odel_870_express_super_magnum_turkey_camo.asp

I'll go pick up that shotgun tomorrow, but I would like to put a scope on it, and Midway has a Leupold I like:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=189745

The problem I have is simple. I am wondering if this scope will look stupid against the MOBU camo on the 870. Does anyone have this scope? I feel that the pic at Midway does not do it justice, and was wondering if it looks more brown than it is. This is probably really vain, and I should just buy the black matte version and have done with it.

Any opinions or advice?
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I haven't seen one of those before but I bet it would look pretty cool on a camo shotgun. I bet there would be some brown in the cammo pattern that would match up with the scope. I'd be more worried bout how well the scope performed than looks anyway but it is nice to have something to carry that looks cool!
  3. Powderhorn

Powderhorn New Member

I hear ya. I feel kinda weird posting this anyway. I guess I was just looking for some opinions on the color. I'm not usually subject to my own vanity, but I don't want to pay a couple hundred bucks for a scope only to have it look like it spent a week inside a cow's rectum.

Brown is a weird color for a scope, and you'd think Leupold or Midway would post some copy expressing how well it matches a particular camo pattern.

In the end of it all I will probably just get the matte black just because I could use it on another gun if I needed.