Need Sig Trailside Red Dot

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Seabreeze133, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Seabreeze133

Seabreeze133 New Member

New to me Trailside target that I really like, but need a red dot for the old eyes. Only trouble is it seems to have a 11 mm or 3/8" base requirement and I have not found one yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks

DB
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

3. Seabreeze133

Seabreeze133 New Member

Problem solved. Thanks for the input.

DB

4. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Seabreeze133:

If you go to Larrys Guns he can provide an UltraDot red dot and the correct rings for the SIG Trailside if you order by phone and tell them your needs. The UltraDot is a favorite among bullseye shooters and with me. That is the exact setup I have on my Sig Trailside.

I prefer the tube type red dots (the UltraDot one inch single dot version) because they give the most precise sighting. The tube length (actually how far the LED is from the back of the front element) determines the equivalent of the sight radius and the open frame type and tiny red dots like the Burris FastFire have a very short equivalent sight radius.

I think you will like your SIG Trailside once you get some mass on it so it is steadier to hold. There were some bad critics of this gun, some erroneous. One was that the trigger guard was cast aluminum and it was prone to breaking. It is steel (attracted by magnet) and there is an easy fix to absolutely assure it can never break from recoil (part of it is the recoil stop for the slide). Contact me if you need more info.

LDBennett
  5. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Here's a scan of it:

Attached Files:

• SIG.jpg
      SIG.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views: