need some advice o home protection

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by firecop19, May 1, 2010.

1. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

UncleFudd, great post ... well said , and i said this here before anyone who thinks they might have to use a gun to defend your life, needs to read the book "IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME"
  2. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Thank you and I wish that some of our good friends here and elsewhere on the forums would take the time to read about so many of our great young law enforcement officers who are forced to take a life in the line of duty and what happens to so many of them as a result.
    Broken homes and marriages and drug and alcohol abuse and this even with the peer group help and the medical help they have available to them immediately after it happens.
    They even have the peer group people who go to be with their family members to help them to help their loved one and still they suffer horribly and not just a few.

It is truly a hell beyond description to face an armed individual and to realize in an instant you will either die or stop him. But so few realize what awaites them when the dust has settled and they have survived and then have to live with the only decision they had.

But anyway I digress and do not want ever to get on a soap box, just to try to help people to be prepared ahead of time.

UF
  3. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

I have an old Mossberg 835 leaning by the door jamb in my room; the tube has 4 rounds of 00 buck ready for any one that might want some.

For what it’s worth, my theory on it is, if a bad guy comes in the house, and I grab the shot gun by my door, the first thing that I am going to do is “rack” the action as loudly as I can. There is no mistaking the sound of a pump shot gun being loaded, and no other sound like it. That is going to let them know, I am armed and I know that they are there. In most cases their intent is to rob and run, not to do harm, and certainly not to be harmed.

If the noise of the action isn’t enough to get them out of the house, then they deserve what is coming next!

By the way, love the quote “Do you believe in Jesus…………”
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm with you all the way on this one! We sometimes think that we can handle such a situation. The dope head thinks he can handle the dope, just as the alcoholic thinks he can handle the alcohol. But what is the reality? Motion sensor lights, cameras, dogs, alarm system, hardened entery doors. I have done all of this, but I still pray to God that I never have to pull a gun on another human being! My next step is install a hardend door to the master bedroom!
  5. wpage

wpage Active Member

Agree...