The Firearms Forum banner

Need some advice.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wolfdog 
#1 ·
I posted my old squires bingham model 20a .22LR on a local firearm for sale website... I explained everything that was wrong with it, and I had somebody get in contact with me. They asked me what I wanted, So I told them I was going to start off around $100 and he could talk me down... Well 10 minutes went by and he answered back. He said he found an old S&B with 2 mags (mine doesnt have a mag.) for $50 online. I told him to make an offer. Well another 10 minutes goes by, and he offers me $20 for it. I feel like im being ripped for $20 and i know my gun isnt in the greatest condition, but I feel as if its worth at least alittle bit more than that. Do you guys think i'd be taking a loss? Should I hang onto it? Should I let it go?

#2 ·
Before I gave it to a stranger, I would find a friend or relative that wanted it and give it to him or her.:)

#3 ·
Sell it for what you want for it, not what one guy will pay you for it.

#5 ·
To begin with, the gun is an import, made in the Philippines. The company technically still exists (the name is owned by Armscor), but effectively is out of business and no parts are available. It is unlikely that a magazine can be found. Plus you say "everything that is wrong with it" which does not sound like it is in very good condition.

So the rifle is not usable as a repeater without the magazine. If the gun were in near perfect condition, and had a magazine, $100 would probably have been a fair price, but as it is, the gun is worth what you can get for it.

Jim

#6 ·
BamaJoey - This gun was given to me by my uncle. He had gotten it from a friend of his in a trade.

BuffaloChip - There is a very small but noticeable triangular peice of wood missing from the butt stock, along with some rust spotting all over the barrel. There was a pretty nasty/unproffesional deer mural carved into the butt stock, but for the most part, I was able to remove 90% of it and make it almost non existent with some sand paper, elbow grease, and a coat of gun oil.

Jim K - After many hours and months of searching when I first got the gun, I have been able to locate mags for this particular rifle. They go for $18 a pop. But you can only order them online because from what I've experienced, They're non existent for sale in a public setting as well as gun shows.

#7 ·
I am glad you found a magazine, so the gun is at least functional. But it still sounds like a roughly $50 gun. It seems to me that you have sentimental attachment to the rifle that makes it seem more valuable than it is in objective terms. If so, why not keep it? The dollar value is not high and it seems unlikely that you will get $100 for it.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.