Need some Feedback on Rugers LCP 380

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by XDGirl, Aug 8, 2008.

1. XDGirl

XDGirl New Member

Rugers LCP 380 is next on my list to buy. Has anyone here shot one yet? How do they shoot? thanks
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

my local dealer has sold alot of these so far. he has had 25% of them returned for repairs. gun is still to new wait until the bugs get worked out. besides why buy a gun from a company that doesn't feel the general public should own a gun that is able to hold more than 10 rounds. sorry just a editorial comment
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

It's heavier and wider--and from all reports, it has more kinks still to be worked out--than the Kel-tec P3AT.

The Kel-tecs are ugly, no doubt. But I still think I would probably go with one over the Ruger, at least for the time being.
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

They are available at brandx for $300-350, depends on bidding competetion.
  5. tension

tension New Member

"besides why buy a gun from a company that doesn't feel the general public should own a gun that is able to hold more than 10 rounds"

Bill Ruger said that several years ago. He's dead. Thats not the policy of the company now.
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

This one has me scratching my head. Mp P94 in 40 holds 11+1, the SR-9 holds 17+1. The 45's hold less than 10 but I happen to like grips with single stack mags.

I heard of some issues recently with a batch trigger lever assemblies weren't cast to enough hardness on the LCP's but the initial batches that came out got rave reviews. Check out rugerforum.net you'll see a few range reports.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. Jim M

Jim M New Member

I haven't had any problems with my LCP. Fired over 200 rnds so far and it has functioned perfectly. It's no target pistol but will keep 7 shots in the center of mass repeatedly from 15 yards. It's smaller and easier to conceal then a J Frame and gives me 7 rounds of Remington GS in a 12 ounce package. Just about a perfect pocket pistol and when you check the specs, the .380 gives you the same or better stopping power as a .38 spl. It works for me.