need some help here

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by zkovach, Apr 14, 2010.

1. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I started firing my new m1 carbine at the range and the top wood piece (on the barrel) fell off. On further inspection i saw the bracket that tightens the wood to the barrel was loose. As i tightened this it seemed either stripped or i am missing a nut... which is it? if i need a new "bracket" where can i go to get one. see pic below.

Attached Files:

2. bbqznbeer

bbqznbeer New Member

3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Its hard to say from this image. Since its new go back to your provisioner and request a new assembly. If that fails. Replace with a new fastener.
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

sorry w-page.. i meant the gun is new to me. its definatley an old gun.