Need some help IDing 2 guns and values

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by indynotch50, Mar 21, 2006.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 New Member

Alright all. I do apologize but I don't have much to go on. But to make a long story short...There is this guy I work with who's father passed away. Well his father was an MP in WWII and has an extensive gun collection. However his father passed on the knowledge of hot rods instead of guns. Well for insurance purposes we're trying to figure the value of his collection. I have a question on 2 of the guns for now. However he knows nothing about guns and I have no pictures or have even seen them...so this should be really fun.

1. Winchester Model 10A or A10 shotgun. I looked and cannot find one. I did find a remington model 10A and will clarify with him tomorrow.

2. This one I am very interested in. From what I have gathered it is a very large caliber bolt action rifle. He says a 12 ga. shell is too small. Also, it is about 8 to 10 inches longer than the model 10A shotgun. He says he can make out LU and the last letter G somewhere on the gun, not sure of location. I can't even put a manufacturer together on this thing. Any help will be helpful...yeah.

Thanks All! I'll work on some pics. However he is working in Indy and lives in Chicago.

Chris
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Chris.....

I've never heard of a Winchester Model 10, A10, 10A or any such shotgun.....and neither has the Blue Book or The Standard Catalog of Firearms.

The lowest numbered Winnie Shotgun I know of is the Model 12 pump. There were two 10 gauge lever action shotguns, the Model 1887 and Model 1901.

On the second one.....gonna need a lot more info on this one!
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 New Member

Hey thanks guys, he was away today but i'll get to ask him more questions on the second one tomorrow. I'll show him that pic but I imagine that's what it is.