Need some help: Stevens 5100 12 Gage

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jpmccr, Oct 19, 2007.

1. jpmccr

jpmccr New Member

I have finally taken possession of the aforementioned inheritance firearms. The wife is a little wigged out as she did not grow up around rifles and pistols. As I was putting them away, I came across the 12 gage and it is missing the trigger guard. Any idea where I can find one??? It reads Springfield Stevens 5100 12 gage shotgun. It is a double barrel shotgun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures are forth coming once I get the last three S&W's. I thought some of you would like to see them and offer some advice.

JP
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. jpmccr

jpmccr New Member

One more thing: can anyone tell me where to find the serial number on this thing?
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Check all over the frame for a serial number. The numbers may be small.

If your shotgun was made before 1969 it may not have a serial number.

Serial numbers weren't required until Dec. 1968 and many older guns didn't have them. I own two .22 rifles and a 20 ga. shotgun without serial numbers.
  4. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

on the receiver behind where the barrel hinges, there should be some letters. One of these letters should cirlced, the letter represents the year of manufacture.
  5. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I have a Springfield 5100 16 guage SxS
  6. RJay

RJay Active Member

:DThat is very nice, but did you want some type of information? If so , please post enough information . Also Please read the sticky " Read before Posting " and start a new thread, tacking on to a 4 year old post is not conductive to getting any answers:) Before anyone can help you , you need to help us with enough information to do so.
  7. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

FWIW Stevens discontinued the Springfield on shotguns in 48 and incorporated the 5100 in with the 311 in 49. Some 311's carry both 311 and 5100 markings as the last of the 5100 parts were used up. Stevens shotguns before 49 do not have a date code and guns made prior to 68 do not have a serial number.