Need some help with Grampa's old shotgun

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Wagoneer_Gal, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Wagoneer_Gal

Wagoneer_Gal New Member

Hi everyone
    My dad gave me my Grandpa's old shotgun a while back, and now I need a little help finishing up the clean up. I am trying to find a bolt and mag for it, but could use a little help on some leads.
    When my dad got it my mom made him leave it out in the garage and it turned into a rusted club with a broken stock. Well I got that all cleaned up and fixed the stock...it even looks nice now:)
    I couldn't salvage the bolt or the clip...I couldn't even pry the two apart:(

Here is what I do know about it, the barrel is stamped:
    Western Field MDI.128FR 12GA 2 3/4inch

I remember the clip only held 3 rounds. I think my Grampa bought it at JC Penny or something like that back in the 60's or 70's. This isn't that high quality of a shotgun, but it is sentimental for me.

Here are a few pics of it now
    [​IMG]

if you look really close you can see the line from the crack in the stock
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. dusty9

dusty9 New Member

The link below is Numrich Gun Parts cross reference area of their site. If you cannot find your shotgun listed, it might be worth it to give them a call. If anyone would know, it would be them.

Also, Western Field was the house name for firearms sold by Montgomery Ward.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  3. Wagoneer_Gal

Wagoneer_Gal New Member

okay its a Kessler - 128FR and it looks like I should be able to get the parts in time for my dad's b-day:)
    thank you