The Firearms Forum banner

need some help

627 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
Ok. Here's the deal. Ar's have gotten to a point where I can afford one and you can find then in stock. Core 15 has a decent rifle for 615 with LIFETIME warranty. Dpms, bushmaster (same now I guess) few others have rifles in that range but core is the only lifetime warranty. But there is another option. Build my own. I don't have a drill press so a sripped anything is out but palmetta has a reject complete liwer for 179. Some of the anodizing is scratched so u get a deal. I can get a upper for 600 with 1 to 8 twist and chrome lined that I want. But no warranty. There are even cheaper uppers that have chrome lined and 1 to 7 or 8 if u want. I looked for heavy ammo in 556 and it's not easy to find. How much does it hurt to have a 1/7 with 55 grade? If that's all that's available or all I can afford shouldn't I just live with the 1/9 of core. Save a little money AND have a lifetime warranty? I thought I wanted at least 1/8 so I could buy heavy ammo and get better distance and knock down. But if it's twice as much or close to it I'll never afford it. Thanx everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.