Need some info on a Bauer Automatic 25auto

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fritz, Dec 19, 2010.

1. fritz

fritz New Member

I was recently given a pistol that my dad bought in Alaska when he was welding on the Alaskan pipeline in 1975. I was wondering if anybody could give me some info on it, I have never heard of Bauer Fireams, it looks identical to a Baby Browning only it is stainless. Its serial # is 082571, when was it made?, if anyone could tell me. It looks like a quality made pistol, as far as most 25's I have seen. Here are some pics. of it. Any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Made in the 1970s. Direct copy of the Baby Browning (except the barrel turns the opposite direction to disassemble) in stainless steel. Good little guns. Fairly collectible now. Made in the US, after importation of the Browning was stopped in 1968.
  3. fritz

fritz New Member

Thanks, for the info.
  4. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Having a hard time with a link....anyway Fritz, try PSA small arms they now make the Baby Browning here in the USA and the have the whole history of the gun....very neat.

Denny G.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010