need some knife & sheath work done

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by 358 winchester, Nov 25, 2005.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

While cleaning the gun room (see the buy sell & trade forum) I ran across two knifes that need some work done to them one is a worthless home made knife but it was made by my uncle and I would like to have it fixed up needs a polish job and a sheath. the other is a very nice KHYBER skinner and it needs the blade reworked (small nicks) and the sheath belt loop needs to be resewed.
    If you or you know some one that does this type of work please let me know.
    Thanks
    Ron
  2. Green

Green New Member

.358Winchester, I just read your post.A little late huh? The leather work is something you can do yourself. Many,many yrs. ago I invested in Tandy leather kit. I have been making my leather goods and fixing them for quite a while. You can get pretty good at it to get by. Along the way you will pick up extra dyes rivets tooling etc. Well worth it! As far as the blades go, I don't know.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

And, I'm even later yet. I can do the work, Ron, but I doubt I would get to it until next Fall. the blades would take only a little time, but the rebuilding/building of the sheaths take more than I'm going to have this Summer. PM me if you are still looking.

Pops
  4. stoffb

stoffb New Member

hi 358 i am a knife maker in austraila i could fix your knifes but so can you materials needed 240grit wet and dry 400 600 10 of each a piece of wood 40 x10 x400 approx and elbow grease . clamp blade to scrap of timber so to protect your self from point put in vice or clamp to kitchen table wrap paper around 40x10 tape around ends may need 3 hands 4that work away from edge with 240 paper will wear out quickly tear worn piece off to reveal new piece after u have established a new cutt ing edge it may be worth pollishing the rest of the knife remove scratches and garks with same tool and 240 remove 240scraches with 400 remove 400 scratches 600 when finished wrap 600 around pencil rubber and draw length wise down blade to reveal satin finnish stoffb ps could have fix it by know as a typest imake a good cuttler