The Firearms Forum banner

need some opinions

4K views 53 replies 17 participants last post by  reloader4 
#1 ·
i have shot about 800 rounds cci mini mags with 1 misfire my friend says why spend that much money on the good stuff when i can go to walmart and get ammo cheaper. Would u stick with cci or try the other stuff? also if u shoot slowly and shell does not go over your shoulder u know u have a misfire if u r shooting fast how do u know if u have a misfire?

#2 ·
I use the cheap stuff for plinking, and saved the CCI for league. I sort of had to squirrel away the CCI because it was in short supply around here, but it's showing up again in stores. Maybe pick up a variety of the cheap stuff and see what you like?

G
#5 ·
Try several different brands in your gun. Guns are much like women in that each one likes a different brand best.

Find the most accurate and reliable for serious target work. Practice technique with the cheaper brands. Minute of gnat's-eye accuracy is not needed when you are fighting off the hordes of evil pop cans.

Pops

#8 ·
Try several different brands in your gun. Guns are much like women in that each one likes a different brand best.

Find the most accurate and reliable for serious target work. Practice technique with the cheaper brands. Minute of gnat's-eye accuracy is not needed when you are fighting off the hordes of evil pop cans.

Pops
Guns are much like women in that each one likes a different brand best. Heaven help you.:D

G
#14 ·
You will find that some brands won't work well in a particular gun. I have a .22 which will fire reliably only with one or two brands. I have another which will shoot anything I put into it. Both are the same style of action.

If Walther recommends mini mags, it might be that the action spring needs the extra energy of the cartridge to be reliable. Or, it might be some other reason. If you buy 50 round boxes of several different brands, it is not too expensive to find some to avoid. This narrows the search some. Do note that the Remington cheapies have a very bad reputation in semi-automatics.

Pops

#18 ·
Heck, you can have two identiacal guns from the same gun maker and they might react differently with their preferances of ammo....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D here goes this thread!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
I ain't tried to wreck it yet... :rolleyes:

mike
gn

#23 ·
Heck, you can have two identiacal guns from the same gun maker and they might react differently with their preferances of ammo....

Is that criptic messaging??? If a woman has two identical men, they will react differently to each of them depending on their.....their.....ammo? :D

my Ruger loves the CCI mini mags :D

G
#25 ·
When you have a misfire, the action won't cycle. That is your first clue. If the gun does not fire when you pull the trigger the second time, you can tell by the (lack of) pressure needed to pull it. When you have fired the gun a few thousand times, you will know when a round doesn't fire properly. (Actually, I would bet that you can tell now, at 800+ rounds.)

Pops

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.