The Firearms Forum banner

need some opinions

4K views 53 replies 17 participants last post by  reloader4 
#1 ·
i have shot about 800 rounds cci mini mags with 1 misfire my friend says why spend that much money on the good stuff when i can go to walmart and get ammo cheaper. Would u stick with cci or try the other stuff? also if u shoot slowly and shell does not go over your shoulder u know u have a misfire if u r shooting fast how do u know if u have a misfire?

#52 ·
Appliancedude:

My family is from Omaha Nebraska (and I was born there and came to CA at the age of 4).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The original press stories said July 2010. The law states that if a caliber of ammo can fit in rifles and handguns then the limit of 50 per month applies. 22LR certainly fits that description.

Here is parts of the law AB962:

"This bill would require that commencing July 1, 2010, unless
specifically excluded, no person shall sell or transfer more than 50
rounds of handgun ammunition in any month unless he or she is
registered as a handgun ammunition vendor, as defined."

"This bill would, subject to exceptions, commencing July 1, 2010,
require certain ammunition vendors to obtain a thumbprint and other
information from ammunition purchasers, and would require submission
of that information to the Department of Justice, as specified. A
violation of these provisions would be a misdemeanor."

Handgun ammo is defined in CA penal Code Section 12323 and is referenced in the new law:

"(a) "Handgun ammunition" means ammunition principally for use in
pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed
upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001,
notwithstanding that the ammunition may also be used in some rifles."

That sure sounds like that includes 22LR ammo to me. This law and the one it modifies is for the control of gangs or so it was sold as such. Every gang banger in CA carries a concealable 22 pistol and that is suppose to be the target of this law and the one it modifies.

There is still confusion about the enactment date in my mind as the law being modified is not suppose to be enacted until Feb 2011, yet this section is to be enacted by July 2010 (???).

Note that this law and the one it modifies means every sale of ammo in CA is registered as to seller and buyer, with a thumb print, ID, and residency address. The government will now be watching you!

CALGUNS is supposedly challenging the law in court (??).

LDBennett

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.