need some sharpening help

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/15/01 5:06:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All need some sharpening help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How in the heck does a person sharpen the blade on a fingernail clipper? I got a nice chrome imported one with engraving on it (made in korea). It is getting dull and my fingernails are out about 3". Help!

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/15/01 9:28:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: need some sharpening help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3" nails?... Hail, you need a HATCHET!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/15/01 4:51:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Where's Howard Hues? LOL!

Try a needle file!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (8/16/01 5:58:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: need some sharpening help
    Dremel tool.

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/16/01 10:53:52 pm)
    Dremel too might get away from me and hurt myself.

I'm thinking of putting a nice pachmar grip on my chrome plated imported beauty.

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/5/02 8:21:45 pm)
    No offense, Pig, but I remember when not too long ago "Nice Import from Korea" meant "disposable..."
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

simonbs
    (4/10/02 4:08:11 pm)
    Try the dremel on the clippers - not the nails .

Mauser45
    (1/6/03 6:15:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Warpig, Take a piece of wooden dowel or what-have you, about 1" inch diameter and wrap some emery cloth or paper around it ( 320 or 400 grit ). Squeeze the clipper until it is closed and go at it! The two cutting edges should meet perfectly when done.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/26/03 11:56:44 pm)
    Ya cheapskate, take it to a knife sharpener, someone who does knives.

Send it to me and I'll sharpen it and put ivory scrimshal grips on it. Hee hee.

GG

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/28/03 12:24:08 pm)
    shall we start a "Get Piggy a new set of finger-nail file" fund?

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/28/03 1:50:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    hee hee

I forgot all about this one It was one of the first posts I made on TFF and remember wondering how it would be taken.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.