1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Need source for M1911 parts

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Franco428, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Franco428

Franco428 New Member

Friends,

I have a M1911 that was manufactured during WWII by the Remmington Arms Co. It is identical to just about every other M1911 from that era.

I need an original set of grips. I had been using Pachmayr grips and now I want to retire this handgun to a display case in its original condition. I just can't seem to find the old grips...figures.

I live in Northern Virginia, so anything close by, or a known good mail-order firm would be greatly appreciated.

Franco Hensley
    hensleyfj@state.gov
  2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Have you checked Ebay or brand X ? They both have catagories just for grips. Hope you can find what you're looking for...Good luck!

EW
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Pick up a copy of Shotgun News. Some of their ads are for original parts. I had several pair of the brown plastic grips but gave them all away.
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member