The Firearms Forum banner

Need to identify/value German Drilling

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  valbehaved 
#1 · (Edited)
Drilling Combo gun liberated off some Germans after WWII by my Grandfather, while the rest of the officers were snatching up Lugers. 16 gauge double barrel shotgun up top, 9.3x74r (I believe) underneath.

From the research I've done so far, it appears to be the same make as the JP Sauer Luft Waffe M30 survival drilling, which go for quite a bit of money in good shape. The only difference is that it doesn't bear any of the nazi stamps (swastikas and eagles) on the barrel or stock, which leads me to believe that it may be a pre-war civilian model.

If anyone could help shed some light on this interesting and beautiful gun, I'd really appreciate it.

#2 ·
It seems your finger stuttered. How about 9.3x74? :)

99.3mm :D That's what, about 4 inches in diameter? :p

#4 ·
Typical JP Sauer pre-war drilling, 16ga, and probably 9.3X72R,not 9.3X74R
You can see the date code underneath the barrels once you remove the forearm and detach the barells from the receiver: usually a 3 or 4 digit number.
Last 2 numbers indicate the year. First number or numbers indicate the month of manufacture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.