Need To Modify My FEG PA-63...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RocketmanVT, Nov 22, 2008.

1. lead

lead Active Member

I'll second that. I've owned both and the CZ is a quality firearms that you will enjoy shooting. I like my PA-63 too. I have also owned a P64. I put 50 rounds through it, the next day at work, my hand still hurt. I've heard some people say that changing the springs makes a big difference, it sure can't make it any worse.
    The one redeeming feature on my P64 was it's accuracy. It hit to point of aim every time. I still traded it off though. I just don't like a gun I can't take out for a range session and enjoy.
  2. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

iwannasee,

Both are really nice looking pistols for sure. I know the trigger pull on the CZ is easy as I have looked at them before down at J&G sales. How long have you had your CZ? Any problems with it at all?

lead,

I agree on the idea of taking a gun out and enjoying it. Those P64s sure look nice, sure are compact, and sure look solid......but there aint no way I am going out in the desert and chewing up my hand with it. Me and my eldest son both have kinda large hands but when a gun like the P64 is steel and the hand is flesh......the gun aint doing the complaining! What can you tell me about the CZ82?

Take care,

KJB
  3. mjbartn

mjbartn Guest

I have both a PA-63 a P-64 and CZ-82 among others. I would say the CZ-82 is my favorite. I just wish it wasn't chambered for a 9X18. I plan on swithcing mine over to .380. New barrel from CZ is $100.

The CZ just fits my hand, I like the trigger pull in DA or SA.

I like my PA-63 and AP-MBP because they look like PPK's. For me they are OK shooters. But my CZ-82 is my favorite even over my 92FS.
  4. iwannasee

iwannasee New Member

Not one problem @ all. Got it from Classic Arms in September. Shot approximately 500 rounds of Wolf military classic and Academy Monarch blue box through it without a hitch. I actually use it as a carry piece too.

[​IMG]

I used my PA-63 to qualify for my CCW after I got to the range and saw what it took to pass. No problem with the PA-63 either. Only issue is the snappy recoil and I think I may have grown tired of it while qualifying.

[​IMG]

5. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

Well.....I traded the P-64s for two CZ-82s and I already tried out the CZ-82s.

They are keepers.

I might try to do a bead blast and refinish on one of them even though it only has a few slight chips on the black paint.
  6. firearmfanatic31

firearmfanatic31 New Member

I recently switched to 15 lb recoil springs and 9 lb hammer springs. It helps with recoiland trigger pull. I shoot Fiocchi 95 grain fmj and have never had a misfire. I've heard some people have problems with the 9 lb hammer spring hitting the primer to soft, but I've never had any trouble. The slide bite is still pretty mean. Any ideas on how to lessen it?
  7. 1958Roscrea

1958Roscrea New Member

I had the same complaints about the PA63. I had a gunsmith cut a slot in the duckbill and insert a small plate effectively lengthening it. I also found that the magazine base plate of a Bersa .380 would replace the original and provide a rest for my pinky.