Need Your Help With Building 2 Cartridge Boards

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by dedlegs, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dedlegs

dedlegs New Member

Hello Everyone!
    I started a thread, check url below, to ask for help with getting as many different bullets as possable to build a pair of cartridge boards to leave as a legacy for 2 of my youngest grandsons. It seems after the first page filled up, nobody checked out the second page where I posted the pictures of what was sent so far. After searching the threads, I found this "reload section." So, I figured I'd post something here to try to get some extra help. A bunch of people promised and two of them came through so far. gmoody and Bigr Bang Thry. I posted the photos of what they sent. I also created a list. I was wondering if there are any others out there to help me with my project? I will really appreciate it. I'm not looking for something for nothing, I'm willing to pay, I just want to create the best cartridge board I can for these guys.
    Also, how does one get folks to read anything after the first page. I had people PM me to ask where the photos were? Please feel free to send me a PM as to details. Thanks so much!

Dave

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?p=766559#post766559
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I posted on your other thread, just drop me a PM if I can help.
    The reason no-one went past the first page is because of lack of drama. You have to get a rainbow war started or question whether to deprime before tumbling or not or start one bashing the "blue machine". That's how you get them to page 6 or 10 :D. Since it seems that I'm the resident thread killer, this one is probably dead too.

Bill
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its that trigger happy little smiley guy howlin.. Hes gonna put someones eye out..:D
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Legs, I sent you a PM about some cartridges I will send if you want them. I went through the old accumulations I have and here is what I can send in pairs.

45-75 WCF, 32 REM, 33 WCF, 6.5 JAP, 9mm Mauser, 32-20, .380 auto, 32 S&W, 32 Short, 44 WCF, 45 ACP shot shell, 41 LC, 30 Luger, 32 S&W Long, 30 Mauser, and 25 auto.

I have singles in: 45-70, 30-30 Win, 30 Carbine, 41 Rim Fire, and 32 LCF if you want them.

None of this is shinny new ammo but you can clean it up. They are all loaded rounds.

Need an address.

Todd
  5. watsisname

watsisname Member

The cartridge board is a great idea however I think that it is illegal to ship loaded ammo through the mail. I would hate to see anyone getting in trouble with the Feds over this. If all possible ship dummy loads (unprimed, no powder).;)
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its not at all illegal, it technically requires an ORM-D label and a hazmat fee.. I do it all the time as flat rate USPS.. Dont ask dont tell kinda thing and make sure its packed really well.. And I always put fragile stickers on the flat rate box for added safety measure. And I dont ship large amounts..
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  7. sting75ray

sting75ray Active Member

I always find some liberal gun hating democrat in my area and use his return address on the package.:D
  8. howlnmad

JLA,
    He sure does look a bit out of control doesn't he.

Dave,
    Sat down to put some dummies together last night. I got all but the 444's done, realized I was out of bullets. I will go by Cabelas on Monday and pick some up. It will be the middle of the week (can't spell the day the starts with W) before I get back by the house and will finish them up and run through the tumbler to polish. Sorry for the delay.

Bill
  9. howlnmad

I know it's wrong but I have done the don't ask, don't tell. Traded a sleeve of 100 primers for 100 264 rounds. I just couldn't see paying the hazmat fee. And now this thread is going off track. Sorry again Dave.

Bill
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats one hell of an idea.. :D