Needing some info please

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jaloney, Nov 13, 2009.

1. jaloney

jaloney New Member

I recently acquired a shotgun. this is all the info I have found on it...

J. STEVENS ARMS & TOOLS CO.
    Chicopee Falls, Mass, U.S.A.
    Browning Pats. Feb.7.1905, Aug.27.1907

The barrel also has FULL on it

Anyone know anything about this type of gun...maybe an estimated value?
    Any help greatly appreciated. thanks so much!:)
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

J. Stevens Arms and Tool Company made guns back in the first part of the 20th Century. Savage bought them out in 1936. Savage continued to make guns under the Stevens name, and I think they still make a couple.

You got several different types of shotguns. Singleshots, double barrels (both over/under and side by side), pumps, automatics and bolt actions. You haven't said which type you have, and they all would have different values. I'm guessing, though, that you have a single-shot breakopen. Something like this.
    [​IMG]

The "full" marked on the barrel is the choke. They are talking about choke tubes, in this article, and your gun has a fixed choke, but choke is choke. It will tell you what it is.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MediaPages/ArticleDetail.aspx?mediaid=20

The single-shot, break-open, full choke shotgun is the most common, and least valuable, shotgun out there. You can get one, new, for right around a hundred dollars. Used ones show up in the want ads, all the time, for 75 or so. It has no collector value - there's just too many of them around. It's just a good, inexpensive, all-around shotgun. Like something the farmer would keep in the barn, or behind the kitchen door.
  3. jaloney

jaloney New Member

Thank You very much for all of the information.