NEF 20 ga. slug groups w/ pics

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by johnmpeters, Nov 14, 2009.

1. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

Here are 3 different 20 guage slug loads fired from my NEF SB1 shotgun. The shotgun is 20 guage with 25" barrel fixed modified choke. Groups of three were fired from 30 yards in a kneeling position. Only sighted down the bore with bead front sight. ( shotgun was $45 at pawn shop :)) Moral of the story- Brenneke slugs ROCK!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Those Federals did a lousy job,better put them in a drawer and forget about them.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

brennekes are awesome. Have you ever tried one of the NEF ultra slug hunter rifles. They are fully rifled with heavy barrels and scope mounts. The one I tested was a 12 ga. and accurate at 100 yds like any bolt action ceterfire would be. Got just under moa with hornady SST slugs. NEF makes some pretty good quality stuff. Most of its about as simple as it gets but it all works as it should. Lots of bang for your buck;)
  4. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

To jim summers: The Federals are definately going in the closet with the plinking ammo, one of the three didn't even hit the cardboard!

To JLA: I've been looking at the ultra slug hunters, haven't had a chance to fire one yet. I'm really impressed with the NEF line of firearms. And Brenneke slugs too!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The ultra slug hunters are as capable as a scoped centerfire rifle, and will allow hunting access to shotgun only public land... A bonus to avid hunters wishing to broaden their venison harvesting possibilities;)