Netflix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Just looking for ideas, so....

What do you watch? :D:D:D

Personally I've been catching up on Sons of Anarchy and getting ready to catch up on Jericho.

Thanks guys.
  2. rdfact

rdfact New Member

Check out "The Walking Dead" about a zombie apocalypse. It's an AMC show currently in season 3. Netflix has first 2 seasons.
  3. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

We love Netflix! Got fed up with regular TV (17 minutes of commercials out of every 60), ditched the satellite service, made a birdbath out of the dish, and hooked up with Netflix. We run it from the computer, through a Wii to the TV set. Can also watch it on the computer screen. I generally favor history topics - documentaries and such, while the lady of the house favors several of the Brit TV series - which are not the mindless "formula" garbage that US shows have become. And NO commercials! Many of the older movies are free, and for very few $$ you can access up-to-date productions. All in all it's a great service. Now if we could just figure out what to do with that second satellite dish. Maybe a deer feeder?
  4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Not a zombie apocalypse, but close. Check out "Thirty Days of Night".
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks a lot.... And I'm not just looking for "Zombie shows".... Anything from history, to action, to comedy works for me.... I used to never sit and watch TV, but I'm gonna be parked for a few months so any help from my like minded brothers is appreciated. :)
  6. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

The big bang theory.
    Lexx
    How I met your mother
    Rules of engagement
  7. 01brian

01brian New Member

It seems like Netflix is getting better...We dumped cable and satalite and just use it now. I too am watching walking dead, but need season 3 to come up :)
  8. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Watched "Bad Ass"last night, it was ok, gave me a few chuckles. Wife has watched all of The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, SOA, Supernatural, the old Kolchak "Night Stalker" series, there's just too much to list on there, best $8 a month I ever spent. We ditched cable over a year ago.
  9. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

What is the walking dead about? Is it just about shooting zombies?
  10. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

I just reviewed Netflix and I don't know why. I almost never watch it. The boys do so I guess it's more for them. I watched WAY too much TV as it is.

I like the comedy specials. John Pinette is hilarious. "Get outta' the line!" :lmao:
  11. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

No, but of course there's a lot of that in it...it's more a pretty realistic portrayal of trying to survive after the zombie apocalypse, they run into a lot of things that you might not think about but would more than likely happen, I remember the one where they end up on this old guys farm only to find out that the old guy's family ended up zombified so he's been keeping them locked up in the barn and feeding them chickens hoping that they'll find a cure, or at some point turn back into humans...needless to say that's not what happened.
  12. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

i need to start watching then, that sounds interesting
  13. rdfact

rdfact New Member

"Breaking Bad" is a good show.
  14. hobby_mesa

hobby_mesa Active Member

My wife fell in love with Adam 12 and the old Dragnet. Other times I find some silly zombi movie or some really stupid monster movies...my puppies and I like to have a good laugh at those :).
  15. robman2629

robman2629 New Member

I enjoy the big bang theory, the office, psych, dexter, and the league. Psych and the League are hillarious. Ones about a "psychic" detective, the other about grown men and their fantasy football league.
  16. jce07a

jce07a New Member

try out "heroes" its good thru the first couple seasons. around half way through season 3 it starts getting confusing and weird.
    "walking dead" is good. its a drama involving zombies
    "how i met your mother" is funny
    "dexter" is a science/law based thriller show about a guy who works for miami metro PD and does blood spatter analysis and in his free time he kills criminals.
    "jericho" is good too
  17. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest