Nevada Police beat man in dibetic shock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Feb 10, 2012.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

The first cop you see in the video obviously has had practice getting his foot up so high, enough about that. I especially liked the guy who made his way into the crowd to lend his contribution "kick to the face" I thought it was gracefull as well as a good finishing touch. enjoy

"ok we got em we got em" A round of butt pats for everyone, high five we beat the ch** out of a sick guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl4|sec1_lnk3&pLid=134342
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

Fairly common police tactics nowadays. Beat/shoot first, ask questions later, all in the name of going home at all costs.

I want Officers to go home to their families every night.
    Some of this behaviour is unneccesary, uncalled for, and flat out wrong , but it has become justified as long as "everyone goes home to their family".

Tom
  3. mranum

mranum Member

Its not the same as your friendly neighborhood beat cop anymore is it.
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

That is just disgusting. There was no need for any of that even if the dude was drunk as a skunk.
  5. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    looks like they tried cleaning it up once they decided he may have been in dibetic shock. But alas to little to late the guy should have sued for more than $300,00. Some leo's think they can do what they want when they want. Don't get me wrong those guys have a tuff job but some of them do some really stupid stuff.
  6. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

When a person is in shock or having a seizure most cops figure they can take them, so they take advantage. Cops also feel they can take most people with at least partial body paralysis. A guy that I went to school with normally waits for backup then after the perp is cuffed he tazers them.
  7. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

In Iowa? You are kidding me right? Your school mate tazers them AFTER handcuffed?

Some one should catch him off duty, and take that tazer and shove it far far up his ass and turn it on:eek::eek:And wait till the batteries run down.;)

Regards, Kirk
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  8. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

ah, New America, where we have the right to whatever indignities and uncivilized treatment the police and government decides we deserve!
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Pathetic behavior on the part of these cops, but I don't believe this is the norm...at least not in these parts. I'm not sure sure what all the struggling was that required so many get in on it, he didn't appear to resist. Around here at least, I believe they would try to talk to him and find out what the problem is.
  10. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

No, believe it or not there are lots of crooked cops in Iowa. I know one cop whose kid committed armed robbery with a pistol(9mm I think) and got PROBATION! What the Hell, I would still be in jail!
  11. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That makes me sick to watch it. Sadly enough a situation happened to me that was similar to this around 1986. I was jumped by a cop and did not know he was a cop. I punched him and he backed away. Then they started moving in and I surrendered. However, they threw me down and the cop that I punched began kicking me and I could not guard his kicks. The next thing I know the cops realized that I was not who they thought I was, however they were going to arrest me for hitting the officer. What saved me were the people that lived around me that saw everything, and I had no arrest records. I was just a guy walking along the sidewalk after a nice run. The police gave me a speech on how they could arrest me for what I did (hitting the officer) but once I said that I was going to talk to an attorney they suddenly just mellowed out and appologized. I really was not hurt, but it was pretty humiliating. The sad thing, after the cops let me up off the ground, I realized that the cop that was kicking me was actually a guy that had worked out at the gym where I worked out in recent years. One day, maybe about 2 years later, he was behind me in traffic and pulled me over and I thought oh no, here we go again. However, he walked up to my car and appologized. I got out of the car and we shook hands. We must have talked for about five minutes and he was actually a pretty nice guy.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

From Priests, to police officers, every group of two or more has issues. Unfortunately, folks only want to read about the bad ones.
  13. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just because I had a negative excepience with the police doesn't mean that I dislike them. I took the Boise City Police academy several years ago. I respect them and am grateful that we live in a country where we are protected. I have a rather large handful of friends that are police officers and just because I had a bad incident with them does not mean I have to look at them in a negative view. There are many stories that come out of the good that they do.
  14. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

And some folks want to ignore the bad officers and innapropriate tactics/use of force.

I couldn't justify their behaviour if the guy had turned out to be drunk. Confused is NOT RESISTING whether you're drunk or in an insulin shock.

F%&k those a$$#^*&$, and the a$$#^*&$ that trained them and told them that was appropriate behaviour.

Tom

P.S. I am a reasonable man.
    If someone wants to explain the citizens actions, the officers actions, and why they were justified, from an LEO perspective, I'll listen.
    But blanket generalizations to the effect that people are just overscrutinizing/overreacting to an unfortunate situation doesn't go very far with me.
  15. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

To suggest that any officer anywhere in the country is trained to behave in that type of manner, indicates a complete lack of knowledge about the subject.

To expect anyone to drop into this thread and suggest the officers actions also were justified, suggests you expect current or past officers to back you up on the already extreme opinion you have of all police officers. That's not going to happen.

A reasonable person would have not made a remark that sums up an entire group of folks who put their lives on the line every time they walk out of their house, and compare them to the officers in the video.

I'm done here.

EDIT.....Do you know what the black band around the badge in my siggy represents? It's a band that all officers in a department wear when an officer is killed in the line of duty. I can guarantee none of those dead officers cared one way or the other what anybody involved thought of them.
  16. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

1) For the record, I am not a felon, nor do I have a criminal history, or a history of run-ins with the law. I do have a brother and sister-in-law that work for a Sherrifs Dept.

I have no predilection against Law Enforcement, with the exception of concern for the direction our Country is headed on several fronts, one of which is the trampling of our rights by several entities, one of them being Law Enforcement.

All you have to do is watch "Cops" on tv, a show done with the cooperation and assistance of several jurisdictions, and it becomes readily apparent that this is absolutely how they are trained. Watch a few episodes from 1988, and then watch some from recent years. The training has definately changed to a much more aggresive, tackle and subdue first, ask questions later type of action. We just don't bitch as much when they are arresting criminals, but this type of training has become the norm nonetheless. I recognize that it is not a complete picture by any means, nor the sole place I derive my information from, but it is put forth with the blessing of Law Enforcement, so I have to believe most of the scenes portrayed are accurate, and maybe even edited to put forth the best face possible.

You can also watch hundreds, if not thousands of video on Youtube and see that this type of training has become the norm.

2) I was asking for an LEO's point of view, because I fully understand that I don't see all the angles/points of view, and while I do have strong opinions based on things I have witnessed or observed, I consider the fact that my information is not neccesarily complete. I reserve the right to change/alter my opinion if new or better information comes along. You only seem willing to consider the situation from one point of view, regardless.

3) I did not sum up an entire group of folks. I said, "F%&k THOSE a$$#^*&$, and the a$$#^*&$ that trained them and told them that was appropriate behaviour." Nowhere did I refer to the whole of Law enforcement.

Tom
  17. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh my! My HEROS! What a bunch of super tough, super heros! Oh my goodness, seven larger than life super heros all at one super, larger than life crime scene!
    I sure am glad none of the big tough super heros answered yes, when asked if anyone was hurt! I mean what would they have done to the poor guy, er, I mean super villain, if one of them HAD scrapped their knuckles on the pavement? Think about it!

Somehow I feel SO MUCH SAFER knowing that there are such super heros out there!

A future news flash for super hero #6?

NEWS FLASH Super hero #6, (yeah, the tough Johnny come late) who was seen in a video by friends and family members of an unarmed loved one, kicking said loved one in the head region while being held to the ground by five other super heros, had a real bad accident just a few days later. Sources say there were no witnesses to the unfortunate occurrence, but did relate that the (now former) super hero was found holding on to his arse with both hands and mumbling incoherently.

Modern law enforcement at it's best.
  18. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I don't have much faith in police and they GIVE US reason. We hear about only the worst.....that isn't COVERED UP! How much don't we hear about. Damn, what do they do anymore? We have traffic cameras now that do most of their work. They don't solve crimes anymore? Honestly, I haven't heard of a crime being solved by just the police in YEARS!! Maybe if someone turns themselves in. I think paying taxes to support the police is a WASTE!

We have a local drug dealer that sucks kids into his world because he has ATVs and motorcycles and he lets them drive them. Then he gives them free samples. He is working them into becoming his customers. Anyway, my GF's oldest boy likes ATVs and such and ended up coming home stoned from this guy's place. My GF is a nurse and figured it out from his pupils. She took him to the hospital and had him do a UA there, well he pissed hot. Then she called the local cops and had her boy fill out a statement saying he was given and smoked weed at this house. To make a long story short, the cops pissed around so long they said they couldn't do anything about it. They had WAITED too long. WTF!!! They were handed this on a silver platter and couldn't wrap it up.

I worked for an Armored Car company during college and my boss told me that the local police best time was a 12 minute response for bank robberies. I could get from my house to almost EVERY bank in town in less than that WITHOUT lights and sirens. So, we could only conclude that the cops wanted to skip the robbery and risk of gunfight and handle the paperwork only.

Okay, so cops don't solve crimes, they have cameras for speeding, and they can't shoot from what I have seen at the ranges. What good are they?

Honestly, I think we would be better off cutting about 75% of county and city police and putting more towards Highway Patrol, Homeland Security, Immigration, etc. Heck, most of the violent crimes in Iowa seem to be perpetrated by illegal immigrants. They never catch them either. The 17 year old kid that was stabbed to death a decade or so ago by meat packing workers in Western Iowa will never be avenged. They never catch the illegals that commit these crimes 95% of the time. They always "think" they went back to Mexico. Well, good excuse.......not really.
  19. oldman45

oldman45 New Member

This can put your friend in jail. He will not have to worry about having a job long with such actions. Not only that, he can be sued personally, as well as porfessionally, for injuries. If he tazers someone that dies, and people do die on occasion from being tazed, he can be in jail for life.

Hitting, tazing or such to one in cuffs is a major violation.
  20. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

This is just plain wrong.