The Firearms Forum banner

new 1911 for me

Tags
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  s+w1911 
#1 ·
I just purchased a Kimber custom ultra CDP 2.

I put 300 rounds through it (Fed Hydra-shoks) and it was flawless from the start.

I will do another 400 or so this week.

I absolutely love this gun so far.

#4 ·
I have a compact ll that has been flawless for 5 years now . The manual said for break in use high quality FMJ ball ammuntion . So if you do have a problem don't blame the pistol unless they have changed there break in procedure . It's kind of like in nascar , Goodyear says run 12 lbs. of air pressure and they run 6 lbs. Then when the tire blows out , is it the manfactures fault or the users fault ? I do hear alot about Kimber FTF and FTE problems , I would like to hear also what ammunition they were shooting . I am not bashing you , shoot what you like , I was just stating what is in my manual .

#6 ·
what is the actuall difference between the two?

Have you had any troubble at all?
Howmany rounds have you fed it?
No problems at all. Not too many rounds, little over two hundred, but zero problems. Had a friend shoot it today and he experienced no problems either (well........ he did have one screw fall out of the bumper pad I added to the mag [somebody didn't tighten it enough :rolleyes:] but that's not really a failure.

Difference between is a lot cosmetic. You have the dual tone (light dark), ambi-safety and night sights. I wish I had the night sights but I put the $300 difference in ammo (have not shot it all yet but .......). ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.