New Addition to the Family: Commander

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/8/02 9:41:06 pm)
    Reply New Addition to the Family: Commander
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just had to post!!!

Picked up my first 1991A1...it is a commander. Never had a 1991 before. But I couldn't resist. Came with hogue grips, 2 Wilson mags, 2 factory mags, 95%, ...$400.

Besides all those 70s and 80s was curious about them new kids...needed the company. I'll report back after I get her out to the range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"
    Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Edited by: boomatic at: 10/8/02 10:42:06 pm

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/9/02 8:55:56 am)
    Reply Re: New Addition to the Family: Commander
    How's the 91 compare with the Series-70's?

"Nuthin' beats a nice pair of 45's"

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/9/02 12:31:19 pm)
    Well...it is kinda a tough comparison. Both of the 70s I own are not stock...not highly customized, but not stock either. Overall, I am pretty impressed with the 1991. Locks up tight, not rattles, etc. Parts are fitted very nicely. I can't speak to how it shoots, as I have not got her out to the range yet. I will post after I do.

All in all...I havne no buyers remorse. Even if it doesn't shoot great, I know it can be made to do so. For $400, I'll do okay.

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (10/10/02 5:42:57 pm)
    I've owned a few 1991's. Great base guns for custom work. Had one done by Hallock a couple of years ago. After the custom work, I had the gun blued. Looked great with a set of Rosewood grips.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/21/02 8:38:58 pm)
    Goin' to the range this weekend...I'll post the results!

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/27/02 2:59:09 pm)
    Re: New Addition to the Family: Commander
    I had a '91 a few years back, until some gangbangers kicked in my back door in Phx.
    It worked fine for me and was reasonably accurate out of the box. AND it made that lovely sound of "CLUNK" everytime the action worked. I luv that sound!!! steel on steel, yea!
    O yea, the thieves got every thing except my preban Sig 226,
    I was wearing it.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/27/02 6:02:10 pm)
    berto,
    Wow, that sucks. Hope that never happens at my house.

Got rained out of the range this weekend...try again next week.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/27/02 9:23:53 pm)
    Boomatic,
    I too, hope it never happens to any of us. It's a very screwed up feeling that arises from having your home violated in such a violent way, even though I wasn't home at the time, I wanted to shoot someone/anyone that looked at me crosseyed.
    However, law enforcement has descriptions & serial #'s, if they ever show up again, I just "might" get a call but I'm not holding my breath. It's been almost ten years an no sign of'em.
    That's why my current safe weighs in at 2100 pounds, Empty.
    1/2" case-hardened steel all the way around on the outside.
    It's a Graffunder, made in Eastern Oregon in the town of Le Grande.

berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/27/02 10:00:50 pm)
    And believe berto when he says how much that safe weighs! It's sweet!