The Firearms Forum banner

NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  TheGunClinger 
#1 ·
I picked up one of these in a store the other day, and it just had my name written all over it. I can't wait to get to the range and start breaking this Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II in. It's .45 but with a 3" barrel which is more than sufficient for personal defense. I especially liked the Crimson Trace Grip with laser.

Reports to follow.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Tim, nice choice! I am sure you wont regret it. Let us know how you like it.

#4 ·
I think the officer's size 1911s are great carry guns. About the same size as a 5-shot 38 special but loaded with 7+1 .45s.

I carry my colt defender all the time.

Kimber makes some great ultra's, give us a range report..

#9 ·
Something about those compact 1911s I cant resist. I like the full size too but love the compacts for everyday carry.

#10 ·
I will tell you, that this evening I tried to field strip it to clean and oil it before ever taking it to the range. It is one little tough SOB to get apart. My other 1911's; Kimber, Rock Island, and Colt are a breeze.

Hopefully, if work permits and the weather is good, I'll file a range report tomorrow.

#11 ·
That's not specific to Kimber. It is specific to many (not all) 3" barrel 1911s.

My colt defender has the toughest return springs (yes, there is two of them) of any of my automatics and you have to fight the spring in order to assemble and disassemble the weapon.

It has never jammed however, so, I can't complain.

#12 ·
Re: NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY; AN UPDATE

I just got back from the range where I put 50 rounds of 230gr FMJ Speer Lawmen through this gun. I was extremely please with how this gun shot, though it takes awhile to get used to the "red dot" (laser) but I can see where it would be perfect in a self defense, low light situation. There is a master switch for the laser so I turned it off and used the iron sights.

I think what impressed me the most was the very manageable recoil. I was expecting a pretty painful kick, with a light-weight 3" barreled gun shooting factory ammo. That was not the case at all. Not much more kick than my other 5" 1911's; Kimbers and Colt. Also, it ate the 50 rounds without a flaw which has not been my experience in the past.

Net:Net.....I am extremely pleased with this handgun. Now the hunt for the perfect Concealed Carry holster. :D

#13 ·
Now the hunt for the perfect Concealed Carry holster.
Ahhh, the eternal struggle.

#14 ·
#17 ·
tim what part of sw OH I have family from Cinci to Athens all along the river and I just got a pro cdp that is my 3rd 1911 two colts one bigger and one smaller so my set is complete for now
West Chester...20 miles north of the river on I-75.

I need to stop with the gun buying for awhile. I think that 3 1911's; 2 Kimbers and a Colt are enough. I just need to find a great IWB concelement holster that can lug all 3 at once.:D

#18 ·
West Chester...20 miles north of the river on I-75.

I need to stop with the gun buying for awhile. I think that 3 1911's; 2 Kimbers and a Colt are enough. I just need to find a great IWB concelement holster that can lug all 3 at once.:D
You need to get over those feelings.. There can Never be enough!:D
Nice piece!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.