New Agent ?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by GzzV, Nov 10, 2012.

1. GzzV

GzzV New Member

Hello

I am interested in buying the New Agent in 9mm for CCW but I'm undecided about the no sights. I see Talo makes them with sights. Anyone have either of these Colts? Do you like the no sight version? I am leaning toward the Talo.

Thanks GzzV
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have the colt defender and the colt wiley clapp commander and they both have sights. I dont think I would care for the no sight version of the new agent myself. I would go for the Talo if possible, I think you will be happy you did. The new agent will make a great carry gun.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  3. GzzV

GzzV New Member

Thanks D

I agree, Many people like the no sight. I guess it's all about preference.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    A carry gun really doesn't need sights. A gun for shooting targets does. I like sights, you can carry it as a SDW, and shoot targets as well.
  5. Double D

Yep, its all about preference. I shoot alot so I like my sights. If I wasnt going to shoot the gun much, it wouldnt matter much.
  6. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

If you don't want normal sights, get a New Agent. If you want sights, get a Defender. They are the same gun. I just compared them an hour ago.
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I've never had the opportunity to own or shoot a hand gun with " Gutter " or trench sights, I have read that for close range and quick acquisition they are the cats meow. They are not meant for target shooting and the Agent sure isn't a target pistol. However most of us are married to the traditional sights and it is hard to give old habits. I have several guns with target sights and I have found that once they are adjusted I never change them:). From the news articles about the today's police shootouts, where the police shoot 30 to 40 rounds and the bad guy is hit once ( plus at least one officer who is hit by friendly fire ), apparently the police don't have much use for sights either. Gutter sights may be just the thing for a close in personal weapon where the longest shot will be no more than 10 feet. I think that if I was in the market for a new gun I would consider them.If the truth be known, 99and 9/10 percent of the people who carry a hand gun will never use it for it's intended purpose, and when used, 99and 9/10 percent of those who do use it for self defence will never see the sights, they will point and shoot.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  8. Double D

Maybe. But if you are going to use the gun to practice with and target shoot with, why not have sights? Just my preference.....
  9. GzzV

GzzV New Member

I am leaning toward the Colt Talo Agent, 9mm. It has the sights & I go to the range a few times a month to practice so that will be a better choice for me than the trench sights.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  10. chrislind2

chrislind2 New Member

I would reccommed the New Agent in a 9mm. I fired 100 .45 rounds through my New Agent and it is rough on the hands. I really like the gun, but kind of wish I had bought a 9mm. I don't mind shooting it without sights. Takes some getting used to.