new america?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by topper, Jan 13, 2010.

1. topper

topper New Member

Is this the new america? Permanent recession, permanent low interest rates, high and higher gasoline prices, spiraling inflation, human rights under attack, foreign products, gun rights under attack, government controls on almost everything, forced taxes, free speech under attack, and who know what else on the horizon? How did we get into such a shape? Everytime something happens in the world, America has to go 'take care of the situation' and almost monthly, it seems like, we have a new 'crisis' to deal with. It seems like most people want the government to take care of the problems and when they do, then the people complain the government is interfering in our lives and now some states are talking about secession from the union. What in blazes is going on? If all the above mentioned is the new permanent situation, we are in a world of trouble. Our young generation ain't got a chance at any permanent full-time jobs or retirements or for that matter even a decent paying job. Is minimum wage our new 'top pay limit"? Has America reached the end of it's time? What's next?
  2. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

Yes to all
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

only one thing left to do.
  4. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Let the South rise again?
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

you right, we need a new mason dixon line.
  6. guns4life

guns4life New Member

South Carolina has been the first once before maybe we could again
  7. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

If it is the new Amerika, I don't want no part of it!

SR :mad:
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

You can say that again. :(
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Now that the anti christ is in office...what do you expect?

gn
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Hell, y'all ain't seen nothing yet!
  11. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I know people, gn, that truly believe this is a fact; not sarcasm or jabbing, but actually BELIEVE BO is the fulfillment of prophecy in Revelation.

I am not in that camp.
    I believe he will be voted out of office, and be nothing more than a very distasteful memory in a few more years.

I truly HOPE I am right.
  12. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

In 2010 we hamstring him and in 2012 boot his butt out.

topper:

Your scenerio is wrong in that we do not have spiraling inflation. Social Security and Fed Retiree raises this year based on inflation 0%. Increase in health insurance co-pay $50 a month (20%) in LTC Insurance (that was never supposed to change) $75 a month (30%). This is all thanks to Clinton who changed the CPI to more accurately reflect costs, right.

If inflation does increase then the Fed will run up interest rates. Remember 1980 when the long bond was trading at 11-13% (Jimmy Carter years)?
  13. the morning light

the morning light New Member

The economy has been Smoke & Mirrors for decades and the chickens are coming home to roost!
  14. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I'm not in that camp either and I also hope you are right!

I think "distasteful memory" is being too nice, though.
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am a moderator.
    If I posted what I REALLY think, I would have to delete my own post, give myself an infraction, and ask the Admin's to keep an eye on me because I was way over the line.