New Army Texas Sheriff @ $169 or Stainless Steel Target model at $349?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by DozyRider, May 29, 2010.

1. DozyRider

DozyRider New Member

2. Pustic

Pustic Member

Hey DozyRider, I own five 1858 Remingtons and three of them are brass and two are steel. The stainless steel models are just a waste of money. If you want a Remington as a target shooter, then I'd recommend the 1858 Remington Bison. As long as you're not going to use the brass frame in the heat of battle, it will be just fine.
  3. DozyRider

DozyRider New Member

Thanks for the tip - I must learn to love the look of the brass models.

When it comes to accuracy, I've read a lot of claims about people achieving tight groupings at 25 yards, and the Remington being more accurate than modern cartridge pistols and so on. Are all these people using the 12" barrel models? Or is the 8 inch barrel also very accurate?
  4. skswig

skswig New Member

heavy loads will stretch a brass frame over time