1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...on-on-pistol-grip-shotguns-creates-new-danger

Couple that with a rabid anti-gun fanatic being pushed forward for ATF director, this is scary indeed.

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i guess the'll be millions of gun owners lubing up and bending over. they'll comply with whatever laws are imposed with this new ruling instead of doing the "right" thing. i expect the market for shotgun pistol grips will go up as gun owners lube up and remove their pistol grips in fear of being caught and jailed.

its a silly gun law, a loop hole in a law that is already unconstitutional. just one more way to restrict lawful gun owners. i dont even like pistol gripped shotguns, i reckon i wont have much option after too long though.

in essence it wont be any difference then owning a short barreled rifle. i dont know anyone who illegally owns a sbr under the guise that the law is unconstitutional and they will not have their rights infringed. and while we all dont like it, if they make a big deal about it im sure we'll all comply...for now. maybe a pistol gripped shotgun will be the "ak" of the free world
  3. ofitg

ofitg Active Member

This article confuses me.... at the beginning it talks about pistol grips replacing buttstocks, and later it talks about pistol grip forends. I tried to find some info on the
    ATF website - no luck - can anybody provide a link?

The whole story is reminescent of the early 1990s, when the ATF declared the USAS-12 and the StreetSweeper to be "destructive devices".
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

5. ofitg

ofitg Active Member

Thanks, Marlin. Some of the links in the original post crashed. I was able to download the letter you provided. Still a bit confusing.... but it seems they are talking about pistol grips replacing buttstocks.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Thousands of people should just go out and buy "destructive" firearms like automatics or these types of shotguns and say screw you ATF. What are they going to do? Arrest thousands of people?

It's high time we showed them who they work for. Governments are instituted among free men. So it's not the government's place to tell us what we can and cannot do.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

looks like this effects things like the Taurus Judge

shotgun shell or capable and a pistol grip

sorry when i first read this guy was under selection and looked at his history i knew it was bad news ..

send him to Oz i'll take him fishing for ya's ...
  8. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Guess I'll have to register my hammer, soon. It too can be destructive...

And then there is my brother in law...
  9. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you're right hogger. if enough people disobeyed the "law" then eventually they would see that we're not going to be disarmed. there would be a select few though that they martyr. one problem would be though that people like myself would be at risk if caught because singled out it no longer would be a statement, but breaking the law
  10. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Well, let's see: it's a smooth bore that shoots lots of pellets all at once, right? That's a shot gun. what I can't figure out is why the Judge handgun isn't a shotgun.
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Short of bait, are ya'? :D

Pops
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

just being neighbourly pops , besides one more wont make that much of a difference ....
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

My understanding was that even the 'gators won't touch him. Maybe your crocs aren't so picky? :D

Pops
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

not croc's pops , Great whites ... Mako's Bull sharks , Tiger sharks

punch some holes in a can of oily cat food put it on a line and tow it behind a boat here , see how many sharks are up ya klakker within a few miles ... most times they'll take the can too ..

if it bleeds its food

this is a 6-7 foot bronze whaler i caught, till a 17 foot tiger came along

munch , munch, munch, munch, and thats how he caught himself

cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  15. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Jack, the title for your pic should be, "Ironic isn't it."