New Aviary extension for the LoveBirds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deacon_Man, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

It is finally completed. I started building an extension to the bird aviary on Monday, just finished it at noon Friday. Has been a hell of a job in the Texas heat. It is ell shaped east/west 5' wide x 10' long, north/south 4' wide x 11' long.
    I currently have 37 peach faced LoveBirds. I started with 1 mating pair four years ago. The wife and I really enjoy raising the little devils, they are a hoot to watch. I know I will have to sell some someday when the numbers get too great. I really have more damn hobbies than I have time for, Shooting, Golfing, Gardening and now Reloading ammo. Do any of you have the same problem??

John

Attached Files:

2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Really nice setup there. Birds' antics are fun to watch and they develop their individual quirks. and personalities.

I understand that retired people wonder how they ever found time to work. I don't have that problem yet; I still work so I have plenty of leisure time!! :D:D
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice!
  4. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Thank you, my birds really like it.
  5. geds

geds New Member

That's a real tweet setup there Deacon man! Thanks for sharing it with us!
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow u can't get any better than that do u have to take them in at night?
  7. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    N O I C E !!!!

I raised lovebirds for many years I had pet supermarket Locked up theres like 300 stores in Fla & they would take everything I had anytime. there were others that brang them in but mine they took ALL of them (I had a breeders license @ the time)

$25.00--$35.00 a baby & I would bring them like 20 to 30 every month.

I allways got babys from them that came from other dealers (traded even so never had inbreeders)

I'll try to find my pictures John but I had a 25'long x 8'Wide 5'high LOL in my dubble wide when I met Mary & in 2 other rooms I had My Napes & Suns & Cockateels inthe last room.
    But when Mary had Ashley I found a piece of down in Ashleys nose & :eek:FREAKED:eek:

Scared the Poop outta me & started selling the breeders off Quick
    I loved the Lutino's & Black masked they were my top sellers I also had some Lutino's that were breeding with Peach faces & there Pied babys were Unreal!

I had a 6-7 ft x 3x 3 with 3 boxs on each end that had all 6 breeders & mates differant kinds it was way cool watching those (Ashley sat & watched that colorfull cage for hours when she was like 1-2yrs old) :D

I miss them sooooo bad But Mary says with our 6 cats ALL are indoor outdoor
    & 2 dogs If I started doing them again they would be like "Livebait" :D:rolleyes::D

Captain my Yellow Nape used to ride on my Hat while riding my bike.:D
    Were in pictures around the world People would freak look @ that guy with a Bird on his Head! Had her 33 years I cryed for a month when she passed I think my nephew had something on his hands one day cause when I came home he was playing with her 1/2 hour later she was dead. He no-longer is welcome here (He has other problems also steals my meds) & in general Arse hole

Anyway VERY nice cage PLEASE post more pic's!!!
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

dig up the pictures Capt
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Very Nice Deacon. :)

Can they fly around or are they pretty much relegated to hopping from perch to perch?

How do you interact with them? Go inside and chat, or just watch from the outside? Where's the poop?

Looks pretty darn clean to me. :eek:
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:thumbsup: very nice!!
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Of all my birds my love bird was my favorite.

I taught Phil to play dead it was so funny.

I had
    Blue and gold
    African gray
    Senegal
    Sun conure (We didn't care for each other)
    Love bird
    Cocktail (a cat jumped n his cage and he had a heart attack)
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

so Deacon give me some info how long do they live how many little ones, do they sit on your head?