1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New Azerbaijani rifle: Istiglal

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Kane, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Kane

Kane New Member

At a arms expo in the ex soviet satellite state a beast was unvieled. chambered 14.5x114 and designed to engage targets at 3000 meters the Istiglal might be an attempt by the little country to generate revenue through export of arms. im curious what people think of this new weapon Istiglal_Anti-Material_Rifle.gif

istiglal.gif
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

14.5x114? 57.8 diameter?

It depends on what the price is... But i dunno... that 50 bmg ammo is available and dare i say cheap at $5 a round compared to what the price of some other rounds could cost....like high end 338 lapua ammo at $7 a round...not to mention the 20mm ammo... i think that was $20 a round the last time i read about it on the internet?

mike
    gn
  3. Kane

Kane New Member

yea good point but i believe you can get 14.5 ammo cheap because of the stockpile of kpv ball rounds as long as you arnt looking to shoot match:p
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Would water filled milk jugs be considered "match shooting"? :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  5. Kane

Kane New Member

:p ive shot 55 gallon drums with a 50 bmg. some fun times on the range. cant imagine the damage of a 14.5. ive heard its up to 1.5 times as powerful as a 12.7. do you happen to know the legality of a 14.5 rifle?
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I have no idea.... :confused:

mike
    gn
  7. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Buy American.

Barrett won't let you down.
  8. Kane

Kane New Member

i always do harballer :p im actually thinking of buying a custom build chambered 14.5
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Those Serbu 50bmg rifles are American made too... if you can get one. :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  10. Kane

Kane New Member

the other week i tried to talk to somebody at denel about importing a ntw 20 and they were reeeealy reluctant to talk about usa policy on importing rifle:mad: buying american is always a good choice:)