The Firearms Forum banner

new barrel for CVA hawkins

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jbettin 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the forums here. I recently bought a CVA hawken .50 cal rifle that needs a new breech plug or a new barrel. problem is I cant seem to find either. CVA tells me to contact Deer Creek Products and I have tried calling them multiple times only to get a busy signal. So my next thought is to get a Green Mountain barrel and new breech plug from Dixe and try to make them fit( Barrel and breech plug )
I bought the gun for $30 bucks though it would be an ez fix but i guess not. any thoughts on the subject?

#6 ·
new update, I finally got a hold of deer creek products and was able to order a new barrel, I guess they have just been very busy and thats why the phones were always busy. the replacement was $93 with shipping and it came in the white and there is a gunsmith here in town that will hot blue it for $40, so $103 for a new barrel isn't too bad since I pretty much gave up hope and was planning on building a new one. now i just need to see if i can order the under barrel rib and the little brass tubes that hold the ramrod since they seem to have been lost somewhere :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.