New Black Rifle lower to build

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by MikeH121, Dec 4, 2012.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

Finally got bit buy the bug.

130.00 from local shop. The Colt stripped with stock and buffer was 1300.00 on consignment:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has the Second Amendment Printed on the right side.

5.56 Time to start collecting parts. :D

Like amb selector...... nice grip.........it could get maddening. Or funner. Oh hell some upgrade their kitchens...mine works fine.

Deciding from the choices?
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I'be been using DPMS lower parts kits from Midway, $58 and works perfect!

that's a good deal, cheapest I can get forged lowers is $140
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Midway also had a deal on a DPMS buttstock a while back that I took advantage of, was an $80 for $45. They also have a cheapie $45 one, don't remember the brand but I'm pretty happy with it; it's the cheapest one they have I think.
  4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Nice!!! I really like the 2nd Amendment engraving on your lower. I put together my first AR last year. I ordered a Stag , but got an Armalite. either are good names, so I was happy.

I used all Rock River Parts in the lower and went with a Rock River complete 16" A4 Mid-length upper that I ordered direct from the RRA factory. It shoots like a dream and is very accurate.

I got all my AR parts from Joe Bob Outfitters. They ship super fast and usually have a pretty good stock on hand. Their pricing also seems to be better than most. They also always have free shipping for orders over $90 (easily done when buying AR parts) and they add another 5% discount for Veterans by entering THANKYOU in the coupon code at checkout. I've always been very satisfied by their products & service. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/AR_15_Parts_s/125.htm

By the way, I went with the Hogue grip and am very happy with it.

Enjoy, it'll be a fun experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions when they come up. :cool:
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

Thanks for the info. I found a DPMS complete minus Lower for 539.00 it has all pins, stock barrel...etc at Brownells. Just looking around so far. With that it would still put the build under 700.00 :)

Fired my share of rounds thru M16A2's in the Army years ago. And locally can get a good price on surplus 5.56 which can still hit hard at 200 yrds thru 1/4 inch plate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_3Yyo0Nt0
  6. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Was it gold plated?

Signed by the gun salesman of the year B.H. Obama?

I can't imagine what Colt stripped lower with a stock and buffer would be worth even half of that.

A M16 lower?:)