New carry knife , most impressed eh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

targetacqmgt, you've given me a very good idea ,

cheers eh
  2. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Careful mate having been a sailor SP and working with Marines well they get kinda picky and mean about use of their emblems:D
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

narr stuff that dont want a marine embel aint no marine , i got my own

[​IMG]

its started as this

[​IMG]
  4. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

From an ole riverrat. I wished we had carried some Aussie marines, though we did carry a SEAL team up river toward Cambodia once:D
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Hey Jack, although I have thrown many a knife, some of them I made, good bad or indifferent....it is as fun or more than throwing a 'hawk...

I always thought the rule of thumb was no matter how good you are at throwing it...

...when you are DONE, you are now KNIFELESS or HAWKLESS which isn't a good thing if the BG has a buddy with him:eek:
  6. polishshooter

But I guess I already know your answer....;)

You are NEVER Knifeless...:cool:

Yeah, the only time I am ever with one knife is in my dress clothes too...but then again even then if somehow I was to lose my Buck 442 I still have the Gerber multi in my back pocket...:p

My buddies who hunt with me always marvel at just how many blades I happen to have on me at any given time....;)

Your BIG blade isn't as good at gutting a deer as your DROP point hunter which isn't as good as your SKINNER for skinning...and of course your little "utility" Uncle Henry multi blade is better for whittling and picking your teeth or slicing your apple or tomato, or cleaning your nails, or cleaning your spark plugs, than your main folder OR the backup...much less the Multi tool OR the Hawk....:cool:

You can NEVER have enough "blades" with you...even at work in a "weapon free" zone....;)
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i have three throwers and can nail a steel beer can with the k Bar if i have not had too many ..

and yes you should be able to throw pretty much anything , but some throw far better than others ( i hate offset throws, much prefer something suitable or designed for throwing )

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=92171

after the knives i have my axe and that too can be thrown

last ditch for me would be the gladius ... dont throw that

get ya self surrounded and cut and hack your way out ;)

my bug out gear is a lot of steel
    a flinter and maybe the Witness, that depends if i have it here when SHTF or if its at the lockup ..

then a .22 rifle slung to go with the flinter

that'll get me to a camp and supplies ..

but i plan on arriving with way more than what i ever set out with ..
  8. polishshooter

My Dad's favorite Hunting knife was his Mark II Navy, the Navy's K-Bar, that he actually "found" in the woods in the late 40s after the war in the grass next to a relatively new gutpile...which to this DAY has me walking in circles around a gutpile I find because it is AMAZING how hard it is to find your knife with dried blood on it in the leaves or bean stubble where you laid it while turning the deer over to drain...;)

But my brother was throwing in it in our "back garage" workshop and managed to break the tip, and ground it down on the grinder hoping Dad wouldn't notice...:p

Seeing him getting knocked around by my Dad when I was about 8 was pretty funny...almost as funny as it was for HIM when he dragged me in the house by my ear after putting out the fire when I was about 12 when I almost burned up the garage AND the Chevy when I forgot I was supposed to be siphoning gas out for the mowers and thought Dad would be REALLY upset seeing the puddle and I figured burning it in the driveway would keep me from getting in trouble...:eek:

Good thing the trail of gas led to the 2 gallon can that was overflowing and NOT back to the '67 Bel Aire and all I got from it was singed eyebrows and a whacked butt...:D;):eek: