New chili pepper, hotter than the Bhut?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Crpdeth, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

In my opinion the jury is still out on this one... I mean one test on one chili barely tops the Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) and we've all eaten peppers of the same variety where one is hotter than the other... Hell, I've eaten jalapenos that have all the heat of a banana pepper and other (home grown) jalapenos that have brought tears to my eyes, so we'll see how all this rocks out, but I'm excited about it.

Infinity pepper

For anyone who may not be a chili pepper nut like a lot of us here, a good hot jalapeno will measure around 5 thousand on the Scoville scale while Ghost peppers and this new Infinity pepper weigh in at just over a million.

In the words of one of my old redneck friends... "Brang it on!"

Crpdeth
  2. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Ooooohhh!

300,000 Scoville (Habaneros) is my usual limit, but I'm enjoying watching the race toward spontaneous combustion in peppers.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

That is a scary looking pepper!
  4. dianalv

dianalv New Member

I can do habeneros, but I don't think I'd want to try those. That's likely to kill off a few taste buds permanently, and I actually enjoy the subtle flavors of food. Bet one would flavor a pot of chilli nicely.
  5. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Now I got that song in my head... "We got married in a fe-ver, hotter 'n' a pepper sprout. We been talkin' 'bout Jack-son e-ver since the fire went o-ut.."