New Colorado Law May Affect Residents of Other States Including You

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Rommelvon, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

new Colorado law may affect you since it will infinge on your right to carry in Colorado. Do you hunt, ski, fish, vacation, or visit here?

SB 34, which is on our Governor Ritter's desk says that non-resident carry permits will no longer be honored in Colorado if the permit holder is not a resident of the state that issued the permit.

Please go to this thread to look over the situation:

http://www.packing.org/community/gen.../?thread=22993

Add your voice to the clamor for Governor Ritter to veto this bill.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Ritter........veto a gun control bill.........HAHAHAHAHA

Oops, well......stranger things have happened.
    I've added my voice. We will see.
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I go thru Colorado a lot. My Brother in law is a Colonel at the Airforce academy & we visit him & his family & I go thru there for work-always armed. I tried to follow your link but it said I was trying to do something illegal.
    What did you mean by a permit issued to someone not a resident? I'm a resident of Utah & was issued my permit by Utah. Can states issue permits to non-residents?

Popgunner
  4. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

http://www.packing.org/

not sure of they have moved the article, but you can search colorado and find all the info
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Quite a few states issue permits to non-residents.
    I'm in Colorado, I know of (at least) 2 other states that I can get a permit in, Florida and Utah. I'm sure that are others, just haven't checked into it.
  6. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

If the holder of a CCW permit is no longer a resident of the state that issued said permit, then that permit will be deemed invalid, unless said resident remains a citizen of the United States, resuming residence in another state.

And can pass the standard battery of tests that deem one capable of weilding weapons. Our politicians and military leaders can do this, so you can too. Right?

LL

Great gobs of goobers - am I on the wrong track here? Are we talking fish bate or human rights, here?
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007